The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

In need of new workbench ideas

James H

• Administrators

Ladies and gentlemen,

In a couple of months, I move house and need to equip a fairly small bedroom as my workshop. I want a decent workstation style setup with some storage and drawer units. One drawer unit will have my extractor unit sat on top, and the other, my photo tent.

The workstation needs, ideally, drawers and a vertical face onto which I can hang tools and other stuff.

I'm in desperate need of ideas. Can you help. Remember, I'm in the UK and need to source easily.

• Like 2

Top quality, Jammes.

It goes together really easy.

All you need is white glue (as all the parts glue together) tape (to hold the pieces together while te glue sites) and a little hammer to fix the magnets.

Following what you chose, you have magnets on the sides, the bottom and up.

You only have to be careful on the polarity of the magnets.

Before I had a lot of plastic boxes with numerous tools I have inside and on my table, I worked on a REALLY small area.

Now everything is in place.

Marvelous.

Cheers,

Jamme

I've bought it at one of my customers (I'm a salesman for the belgian importer of different modeling brands) and he stocks the Hobbyzone products.

I told me when he makes an order to them, he will have the goods in more or less one week.

Really fast.

Cheers,

Jamme

• Members

Jimbo,

I picked up a couple of nice wooden folding tables from IKEA.  Very sturdy and easy to move around if you need to as well.  They came unfinished, I believe they're made of birch.  Very reasonably priced.

• Administrators

Will made somme pictures when I have time to sit on my workbench.........

:D  :D  :D

Cheers,

Jamme

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Without a doubt, I'm DEFINITELY getting some of these!

• Like 1

• Administrators

For the main benching, I'll use some kitchen worktop material around half of the room, and my workstation area is now sorted too....

....yes, Jamme, Ordered a shit-load of that modular stuff from http://www.hobbyzone.pl/en/

Shipping from Poland is only £12 too. I can't ship an average size kit in the UK for that price!

Very cool!! 

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-21%20at%2020.59.

• Like 4

Only ordered at 8pm last night, and the stuff has already been shipped.....all 25kg of it!

Reading through your OP - and the rest of this thread ... This stuff was the 1st thing that came to mind - It really does look awesome ...

An inbox review and WIP thread is in order once your sea container arrives :D

Rog :)

• Administrators

Reading through your OP - and the rest of this thread ... This stuff was the 1st thing that came to mind - It really does look awesome ...

An inbox review and WIP thread is in order once your sea container arrives :D

Rog :)

Sure will.

There will be a few weeks yet though, as I first need to get my floor laminated and benches built in. For a short time, the room will just be holding boxes of crap from the removal. THEN...I can make a start. I'll show the room work and also construction of the units, plus assembly.

For the main benching, I'll use some kitchen worktop material around half of the room, and my workstation area is now sorted too....

....yes, Jamme, Ordered a shit-load of that modular stuff from http://www.hobbyzone.pl/en/

Shipping from Poland is only £12 too. I can't ship an average size kit in the UK for that price!

Very cool!! 

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-21%20at%2020.59.

I love the look of this stuff Jim - I not jealous at all !! Yeah right :)

I used a hollow core inside door bought at Home Depot for a workbench. They are dirt cheap and will give you enough area to work if they aren't too long for your area. I bolted an L bracket to the wall at 20 inches from the floor and put 2 20 inch table legs I bought from the container stores Elfa line. Not much money invested and have lots of room to work. A coat of paint/varnish and its ready to work on. Im going to have to research this modular workshop systems,they look great!

I ordered two more units the same day as Jim. I already had the two paint racks, they're made by MZ but are not part of the 'modular' range as they ar half as deep again. overver they will just sit on top of the modular units.

DSC_0807_zpsogra0am3.jpg

DSC_0808_zpsvz2szyoc.jpg

DSC_0810_zpsvfapfo9z.jpg

Will be ordering another two sets of drawes and two corner units next time I order.

• Like 3

• Administrators

This looks fantastic. Really whetting my appetite for building mine.

My tool drawer and many other things are a mess at the moment, so I might become organised!

• Like 1