The Great LSP Twins Group Build Starts Jan 24, 2024 - End July 3, 2024 ×

Photographing your work

WillScarlet

Hi Peter, after using the Havox box for more than a year now, I have to say, I'm still satisfied with it. The only upgrade I should have made is the purchase of two extra light panels, which was not available by the time I bought the box and now the big A is not sending the extra panels to my tiny island.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hi Peter, after using the Havox box for more than a year now, I have to say, I'm still satisfied with it. The only upgrade I should have made is the purchase of two extra light panels, which was not available by the time I bought the box and now the big A is not sending the extra panels to my tiny island.

Cheers Rob

A bit of topics, you say your location is Spanish Islands? As in the Canary Islands?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2013 at 9:34 PM, James H said:

If any of you guys are knowledgeable, then feel free to populate this topic with your own information and setup, including photos ;)

Well I currently have a Panasonic Lumix camera which I find OK. I am not yet fully au fait with camera technology to know which type of camera and associated len would aid my photography ??

I do believe in getting outside, in good natural daylight to photograph the builds I manage and here is MY set up and a couple of photos  . . . 

26317453426_d365a15298_z.jpg

31767449628_700662db6a_z.jpg

24357983182_df94619272_z.jpg

David

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FME erk said:

Well I currently have a Panasonic Lumix camera which I find OK. I am not yet fully au fait with camera technology to know which type of camera and associated len would aid my photography ??

I do believe in getting outside, in good natural daylight to photograph the builds I manage and here is MY set up and a couple of photos  . . . 

Hi David, like your car top set up a lot and the results are good too. The Lanc is looking great with that light of the setting sun, very natural and the shadows look convincing. The second has a bit too much foreground for my liking and the colours are fading a little to the gray side. It has it's atmosphere, but a little more colour saturation wood enhance the picture, maybe with the help of some spot metering.

I as a nearly livelong available light and landscape photographer found it really hard to adopt to modelling photography. I still haven't mastered to get good photos and because of that I'm toying with the thought to start a thread for those of you who want to enhance your photo skills with the critique of the fellow LSM crowd. It should not be about the quality of the model, but the image. But I have to think about the concept a little further.

I use a Lumix as well, combined with lots of different lenses, but my main piece of glass is a 90 mm (45mm in Micro 4/3) macro lens, because you get pretty (ugly in times) close and the focal angle is almost distortion free.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 3/14/2013 at 4:47 PM, WillScarlet said:

I'm  a complete ignoramus about modern DSLR photography concerning documenting WIP and etc. The first item I would like to address is what types of cameras and features should one look for?  Can what I'm looking for be kept as simple as possible, because cameras with all the "bells and whistles" and "features" are REALLY confussing to me?

I hope this topic is of some interest to others as well as to myself.

Will     :D

Hello Will,

I'm a complete Novice regarding  the DSLR Mirrorless  cameras..but I acquired  one recently  as a treat to MYSELF...Mine is Cannon DSLR mirrorless EOS R7.

And  I have been watching this guy called Jared Pollin on youtube and he is SO thorough  about explaining  the icons on the outside  of the camera as well as the menu and icons inside.

He goes very thoroughly  as to what you should do and use and so on..

He also looks at other cameras and gives advice like Nikon or other Cannon DSLR mirrorless  models.

He has many videos on camera usages. I also refer to this pdf file which has EVERYTHING  one needs to know with drawings to help you along should you choose a DSLR camera... I was advised to buy a DSLR MIRRORLESS  camera so I did !!

EOS_R7_Advanced_User_Manual_EN-1.pdf

I hope you enjoy your camera whichever you buy.

Some great helpful advice from others.

:thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1