The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WNW Albatros DV FINISHED !!!

I like this exhaust painting, @coolboxx ........................... very nicely done!

Servus

Bertl

This is an EPIC build! Beautiful!!

Superb once again Darren, I think we need a wide shot of where you are at the moment ;) looks fabulous all in all mate.

Thanks all so postive very encouraging not far from a dry fit engine, mgs. tail sections, landing gear, prop,spinner ect so all should go together later today/tomorrow all going ok at the moment love the kit.

10 years? Pretty awesome after a 10 year hiatus.

Thanks PaulSter yeah i didn't know what i had taken on, but once i started i couldn't help myself, but cant wait to start another.... learning all the time and great support on here.

• Like 1

Darren- I don't know whether some of the others here realise that that propeller is hand drawn and painted by you !!!  Just thought I should mention it.  It's brilliant by the way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, thanks again for all the comments.

An update on the build so far the wings lower now complete, these have taken a long time todo, post shaded/weathered with pastal chalk i find i can keep the weathering down ( Jasta 37 kept very tidy planes) with just shading to give the ribs some depth and make the fabric looked stretched over a frame, below the top wing is not shaded.

Main wing is now having rib tapes applied.

My oil staining and last weathing will be done on final assembly.

The hair dryer tip has worked really well thanks.

DSCN3893.jpg

DSCN3894.jpg

Starting the 2nd lower wing

DSCN3895.jpg

lower wings bottom one is shaded.

DSCN3896.jpg

Wing fitting soon my jig is made.

Cheers

• Like 1

I swear I read the label on the bottle in the third picture as "Laxative"!! I won't say, in polite company, what went through my mind !

Those wings are just gorgeous Darren! Keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

Guest styrenedemon

Oh wow...those wings are looking good. The shading is perfect!

I swear I read the label on the bottle in the third picture as "Laxative"!! I won't say, in polite company, what went through my mind !

Feeling ok, sir? Maybe your tummy is telling you something.  :blink:

• Like 2

Oh wow...those wings are looking good. The shading is perfect!

Feeling ok, sir? Maybe your tummy is telling you something.  :blink:

Yup, my gut is telling me I'll never achieve the skills on show here - very, very clever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  again thanks for all the great comments....update topwing now complete bottom wings are now fitted just finding the time, thought i could get more time in last weekend but the sun came out! oh yes it did!!! and guess who had to tidy the garden ect ect... well i am hoping to get this fininshed in the next few weeks so i can start on the GW GB.

Again i have shaded the rib area with pastal chalk applied with a fine brush to give a frame affect, worked on the alierons as i lost the rib once the decals where put on, what do you think?

DSCN3931.jpg

DSCN4004.jpg

DSCN4007.jpg

DSCN4008.jpg

DSCN4010.jpg

DSCN4015.jpg

DSCN4016.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 1