The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I won't do a blow by blow account here as I'm just doing exactly the same thing as I did on the turret station.

So I'll use post the pics

Shading down

20160105_105558_zpsiem4ti8r.jpg

Top coat and highlight

20160105_114513_zpsctgc3lt9.jpg

The finished floor (still have some coloured etch to go on this)

The panels added to the floor give some nice detail

20160105_122117_zpsfztvj09m.jpg

20160105_122301_zpsrn3dtzvt.jpg

• Like 1

Yes mate it is ( you guys in this forum have the best eyesight on the Internet lol )

Ive built all of the Wallace and gromit and Shaun the Sheep kits over the years amd they are a real giggle amd the perfect antidote to modellers block.

If you get the chance I thoroughly recommend them

Here's a pic of the van

20150513_113440_zpsjm6ur7uf.jpg

Pete

I love it. I saw the first Wallace and Gromitt video when i was a kid back in the 80s. It was awesome and fell in love with those guys. I like the new movie with CGI but it ain't got nothing on the original clay animation ;) I'm trying to find the Ani-Pesto van here in the states but it's bit difficult at times.

Btw, see why the precious painting...it's the laser and here I thought it was all you...lol j/k. Totally cool work buddy.

I love it. I saw the first Wallace and Gromitt video when i was a kid back in the 80s. It was awesome and fell in love with those guys. I like the new movie with CGI but it ain't got nothing on the original clay animation ;) I'm trying to find the Ani-Pesto van here in the states but it's bit difficult at times.

Btw, see why the precious painting...it's the laser and here I thought it was all you...lol j/k. Totally cool work buddy.

The Animation Nick Park did on those was really well done and I agree the earlier short movies were better than the feature length movie.

I think Airfix stopped producing these a long time back but they do appear on eBay over here from time to time so EBay Europe is probably your best bet, shipping costs from here to the states will probably be killer though.

Pete

20160107_132421_zpsapohhpzf.jpg

The colours are very bright at the moment compared to the rest of the paint work but I'll fix that once I've got all of it on

20160107_132616_zpsvfwvewlx.jpg

I've got a love hate relationship with photoetch ( mostly hate lol ) and I really don't like the levers that Eduard use in their sets but the kit ones won't fit easily into the slots in the etch so,I have tried to bulk up the knobs on the end with a bit of paint

20160107_141030_zpsny2bdhg9.jpg

I've had the same issue with adding bulk to thin PE. A drop of CA is what I've used, followed by primer and paint. The CA dries hard enough to carve and sand if needed before painting. I use the same approach when I need to fair the joins between flat wood parts - CA has perfect surface tension for replicating molded or welded inside-angle edges

Your work is fabulous!

I've had the same issue with adding bulk to thin PE. A drop of CA is what I've used, followed by primer and paint. The CA dries hard enough to carve and sand if needed before painting. I use the same approach when I need to fair the joins between flat wood parts - CA has perfect surface tension for replicating molded or welded inside-angle edges

Your work is fabulous!

I never thought to use CA to bulk them out, that's a great tip mate and one I'll definitely use in the future

Pete

I managed to beak a bit off of one of the control yokes when I was cleaning it up ( I'm a hamfisted muppet ) I looked for the missing part but I guess the carpet monster was hungry as I couldn't find it ( Sod's law it will turn up as soon as I have finished repairing this one

20160109_121741_zpsry8hzwwr.jpg

There are brass parts on the Eduard fret for armoured shields for the pilots and on these go some head rests.

Eduard give some parts for them and suggest in the instructions to use a ball point pen to make creases

20160109_135330_zps2a7g1e3k.jpg

I wasn't sure how this would look so I made some from 2 part putty

20160109_135337_zpsgllwosbm.jpg

20160109_135358_zpszvmwtmy1.jpg