The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

Hi Aaron,

very nice. Please can you take a moment for inspection of the separate windscreen. In the kit that i have, the windscreen has a molded imperfection at the left bottom side. It look's like an air bubble. I already contacted SH for a replacement set.

DSCN3001_zpsdxhgozcc.jpg

DSCN3000_zpsrv9nmacb.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Thank's James for the feedback. So it's a mold flaw??

I will see what SH say's, plan B consist of cutting the all molded canopy into pieces to retrieve the seperate windscreen. I can't live with this imperfection as it is to obvious in my opinion

Greetz

Danny

Hi Aaron,

very nice. Please can you take a moment for inspection of the separate windscreen. In the kit that i have, the windscreen has a molded imperfection at the left bottom side. It look's like an air bubble. I already contacted SH for a replacement set.

Greetz

Danny

I will have a look tonight Danny

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to have a gawk at mine, but I noticed the propeller blades were burned coming out of the mould. The trailing edges were bubbled about a half mill thick. I've sanded them to an OK acceptable level, but a replacement set is now the go. Truthfully, this kit is a tiny elephant, the wing root joint is problematic as was the top & bottom wing fitment, both being different shaped mating surfaces. Lots of Mr surfacer 500 used on wing leading edge. I'm not too impressed with this new kit myself but I've got a couple of goodies in the stash to contemplate. Oz