The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a/U3

James H

• Administrators

Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a/U3
built with AIMS resin conversion and decals

175684adeca3b0eb1fc7d521fc4f6627.jpg

Why do I do this? Ok, there will be an update on the 1/32 Fw 189A-1 in the next days, and this is on the runway for completion in a few weeks. Despite this, I still have an open topic for the Sea Hornet that I'm hoping to make progress on in the next months......BUT, how about an infill project? Converting the 1:32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a fighter into a reconnaissance machine, Me 262A-1a/U3. These were rare machines, with many being converted from standard fighters at Cheb airfield in the Karlovy Vary Region of the former Czechoslovakia. The seed for this project was sown a couple of years ago when a good friend of mine gave me a part of a fuselage stringer from one of these rare machines, shot down, possibly by a Mosquito, whilst in the Cheb area. When AIMS announced a conversion kit, I decided to get this and stash it for future use. This is a fairly simple conversion, and whilst I yet have to get the associated decals for it, I thought I'd plant a flag here, right now and say that I WILL build this one. On top of the resin conversion, I'll be adding the AIRES cockpit and main gear bay set too.

IMG_0556.jpg

This is the basic kit: 

_57.jpg

And these are some photos of the conversion from the AIMS site.....something to aim for!! Hope you like it.

4bf44b71eaabfb6b2a47a79c94b3d457.jpg

db_20150710_180343.gif

db_20150710_174205.gif

_57.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James H said:

It's like the transit of Venus!

Wow, that's deep...

So deep, I can only just make out Adele rolling in it.

But seriously Man, how do you find the time to get all this done?

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Wumm said:

But seriously Man, how do you find the time to get all this done?

If I had a formula, I'd sell it.

I think the only reason I can do this is because I've actually managed the impossible (for me), and that's to become disciplined. 4 to 5 years of mag work has turned me from a 1 model/year guy into a production line. That spare time you spend between tasks is jammed with infill for other stuff. I don't even notice it these days. 

• Like 1