Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Moving....

Mikester

• Members

Well, the movers came and packed everything up in anticipation of the move back to the US on the 26th.  They were quite amused to see the stash, you know that look that non-modelers give you "how are you ever going to build all those things?"  :mental:

The built kits are still at the house I ordered a roll of foam from Amazon a month a ago to pack them up and the foam didn't arrive.  I still have one express shipment leaving on the 22nd so I'll need to have them packed up by then and keep my fingers crossed that they survive without too much damage.

So no modeling until January, a little bummed because I was kind of back in the groove and getting my mojo back, but c'est la vie.  Will probably be relegated back to the garage for a work area, but that's OK because I'm not real good about keeping the work area neat and I'm just stoked that I'll actually have a garage again!

• Like 1

Well there was a lot of work for you and Mariel to get there, but it's all fallen into place and you're nearly home now. Good luck for the final stages, hope the "Girls" aren't too long in Quarantine, and remember not to store your decals in that hot SoCal garage!

Cheers Buddy,

S

• Like 1

• Members
17 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Well there was a lot of work for you and Mariel to get there, but it's all fallen into place and you're nearly home now. Good luck for the final stages, hope the "Girls" aren't too long in Quarantine, and remember not to store your decals in that hot SoCal garage!

Cheers Buddy,

S

Thanks, Steve!  Fortunately no quarantine for the Shibu.

• Like 1

• Members
On 11/5/2017 at 6:14 AM, James H said:

Is this permanent?

It is Jimbo, last move until I retire.  Need to spend some time with the family.  My plan is to go back to San Diego for five years or so and then retire in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Hi Mike, that's quite some distance to move, I moved house on Monday and the distance was only about 4 miles and it seemed like an eternity these past weeks for it to finish. And we're still unpacking boxes.:D

Good luck.

Cheers

Cees

• Like 2

• Members
On 11/8/2017 at 4:31 PM, Wingco57 said:

Hi Mike, that's quite some distance to move, I moved house on Monday and the distance was only about 4 miles and it seemed like an eternity these past weeks for it to finish. And we're still unpacking boxes.:D

Good luck.

Cheers

Cees

Thanks, Cees!  Moving really is a crappy experience, looking forward to getting settled in California!