The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

OK I can't help myself this was next on my build list Fokker DR 1 and just have to enter her for the  GW GB I know we have two guys flexing muscles on this version but i want to build one and put it next to my Albatros.

Plus i can pick up tips along the way :D

is that ok?

Iam looking at the Roden Dr 1 kit any advise for me greatly received

albatros-dv-ernst-udet-1917-bh-01.jpg

cheers

Darren

• Like 2

Sweet, welcome to the party. I like that scheme, by the way.

Paul

Thanks Paul i may go for the Encore kit having just read about the DR 1 can be built from this kit, with not to many problems.

• Like 2

Thanks Guys, cheers Dave will go for the encore, as soon as i saw your Manfred scheme well....., pretty excited about this one, now sourcing as much info as i can need to get the detail right and we do have Bertl on hand for that little extra info ;)

I can't stop thinking about how i will paint this, it will be different though :rolleyes: and the shading should bring it to life.

Looking at everybodys entries, going to be some top class modelling on show

• 2 weeks later...

OK i have the model, i have had a look inside :) the prop and engine are 1st on the list do i get extra points if the engine spins with the prop once fitted to the front hehehe :blink: how do i get the engine to spin with the prop?can it be done :huh:  ? Cant wait to start, are we all ready to go?

28thhhhhhhhhh 12Oc

My 1st group build my 1st Fokker and its the Baron never thought i would be here

cant wait to see you guys go on this :D with what you have all picked

Provided it's the Prop that spins and not the engine under the cowl.

I can't remember who does it now but I've seen aircraft with spinning props that are synchronised to a sound track of the engine starting, the prop turning over very slowly then catching. All synchronised the prop jerks, spins gradually then runs fully - very clever. Do a search on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, thanks Bertl, if it sounds like that do i get extra points?

Thats what i ment, you get the engine and prop spinning together under the cowl, but i have read the engine is a tight fit and you have to modify the cylinders not sure?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...