The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Gone fishin'

smitty44

Title says it all. A little bday road trip culminating in some bluefin tuna fishing out of beautiful San Diego California. Prayers for a safe trip much appreciated! I'll be online though at times. Get to visit my old LHS where it all started, Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove! Later sukkas!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Title says it all. A little bday road trip culminating in some bluefin tuna fishing out of beautiful San Diego California. Prayers for a safe trip much appreciated! I'll be online though at times. Get to visit my old LHS where it all started, Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove! Later sukkas!

You DOG !:rofl:

• Like 2

I'm checking out their website..................over 11,000 kits??!!  I'd be lost there........ what a place..... I'm changing my 'You Dog' comment to 'You LUCKY Dog', that place looks awesome !  I'd love to see a hobby store like that...... I'd never leave !  Do they deliver pizza there??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Have fun and enjoy the toro!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I'm checking out their website..................over 11,000 kits??!!  I'd be lost there........ what a place..... I'm changing my 'You Dog' comment to 'You LUCKY Dog', that place looks awesome !  I'd love to see a hobby store like that...... I'd never leave !  Do they deliver pizza there??

Jeff, if you ever make it to Toronto, check out Wheels and Wings. I don't know what their total inventory is but they bought a 10,000 kit collection at the end of last year. They haven't even been able to sort through it yet but I'm waiting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I remember that, wasn’t someone who’d past away and the family were selling it off. Pretty much all vintage as I remember......

That's was the one. They bought the whole lot and moved it to a storage facility to sort through. I know they're planning to donate some of the kits to various groups as the boxes were damaged. Otherwise, I think the plan is to bring the.into the shop slowly. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, if you ever make it to Toronto, check out Wheels and Wings. I don't know what their total inventory is but they bought a 10,000 kit collection at the end of last year. They haven't even been able to sort through it yet but I'm waiting. 

I'd love to Carl, that would be a blast..... no such thing out west here....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Smitty don't forget Military hobbies and Coast Airbrush Not far from Brookhurst.   Also the Long fin and Fisherman's accesses.  Hope you have a Great time on your Tuna trip. What Boat?  how many day ( Days ) trip?

Vagabond, three day. I am actually going to see the Angels play the Dodgers tomorrow, so Meltons Int Tackle is right down the street. Bluefin and Yellowfin in 1.5 day range so a three ought to get er done. Thanks!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

What do you use for a heave set up? Rod reel?

I didn't bring my own stuff this time, using loaner gear. Most of my gear is old and tired and I am starting to upgrade to Avet/Seeker set ups. I do have a Avet JX Raptor with a seven foot jig stick for throwing irons and bombs. New stuff is amazing but dang is it expensive.

• Like 3

If i knew earlier I would have you stop by and pick up my Seeker OSP and a Penn 40nr   Look into the new Penn reels!!!!  nice real nice  Avet is not to far from me. but I don't have any. Almost won one in a raffle a week ago :wallbash:   Good luck buddy  I have been hearing a lot of great things of the Vagabond. I think my buddy was on it last week.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

If i knew earlier I would have you stop by and pick up my Seeker OSP and a Penn 40nr   Look into the new Penn reels!!!!  nice real nice  Avet is not to far from me. but I don't have any. Almost won one in a raffle a week ago :wallbash:   Good luck buddy  I have been hearing a lot of great things of the Vagabond. I think my buddy was on it last week.

Going on the excel in july!

• Like 2