The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Flight cancelled due to strike..

Bomber_County

Yep we’re one the hundreds of thousands who have had their holiday  flight cancelled because British Airways pilots are going on strike. 

Just had to pick, of all days the one when we’re returning home. Always been a very loyal BA flyer, not really sure any more.....:wallbash:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Phil, look on the bright side. At least it’s not cancelled due to the airline going broke. That’s happened to more than a few folks over the years. 

Flew home from a business trip to NJ on Eastern Airlines on a late flight that got in about 11 pm.  Went home, went to bed. Woke up to the news that all flights stopped at midnight for good.  

• Like 3

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Flew home from a business trip to NJ on Eastern Airlines on a late flight that got in about 11 pm.  Went home, went to bed. Woke up to the news that all flights stopped at midnight for good.  

Eastern, Western, Braniff, just to name three

• Like 1

My Partner at the time and I were in Melbourne in June 2011 for Model Expo, when the Chilean Puyehue-Cordón Caulle volcano erupted. We were due to fly out early on the Monday morning, QANTAS had already announced that they were cancelling flights due to the ash cloud now encircling the Southern Hemisphere but we were on Virgin, who told us they were still flying when we went to bed at 7pm on the Sunday... I was due back at work on the Tuesday. We woke at 2am, and their website said the flight was still proceeding so we checked out early and headed to Tullamarine.

Arrived Airport, to be told at the Counter that all flights were cancelled and would be for some days. 

At that point, it was like a scene from the Amazing Race. I and about half a dozen others ran to find whatever Rentals were available before the penny dropped with everyone else. Managed to jag a Lancer but had to pay for a week because we wouldn't be returning it to Melbourne from Brisbane ourselves. It's over a thousand miles and 18 hours, so we took our time and got in Tuesday evening and I only missed a day. Wasn't happy with Virgin, if they'd not specifically told us on the Sunday that the flight was on we could have arranged a Rental on the Sunday and made it back in time... This and it took over a month and quite a few phone calls to get the ticket and Rental costs reimbursed.

But, at least all that wasn't because we were being held ransom over an 11% wage claim.

• Like 2