The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

An alien fluent in English circa 1930 touches down and hears.....?

Lost in translation...

We have a few "New Australians" at work, many from the Sub-Continent, many leaning English as they go, and taking things quite literally. One of them came to me one day and asked...

"The Supervisor just apologised for hanging sh#t on me. Why would he wish to do that to me?"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wumm said:

Lost in translation...

We have a few "New Australians" at work, many from the Sub-Continent, many leaning English as they go, and taking things quite literally. One of them came to me one day and asked...

"The Supervisor just apologised for hanging sh#t on me. Why would he wish to do that to me?"

Did you inform him he is splitting his infinitives? :D

• Like 1

No, I think that would only have confused him more.

Told him that "sh#t" is one of those marvelous words, that in English can be a Noun, a Verb, and also an Adjective; and that in a Workplace environment he should consider the word "trouble" as a substitute, especially when dealing with clients.

There are some words thrown around in the Transport Industry that are not to be repeated, IYKWIM.

S

• Like 1

An nervous man walks into his doctors office and exclaims "I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam...I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam...I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam...I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam...I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam...I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam...I'm a Tee Pee, I'm a Wigwam..." 

The doctor interrupts him and insists, "Mr Smith relax you are too tense."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1