The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Do you think this is a good idea?

Jeff

Gary Householder? Is this the bloke who is supposed to be the guy getting all that spam snail mail I keep getting, "To the Householder"????

No wonder he's wrapping things in Vinyl

Householder better realise that ignoring the bills is a bad idea. After a while that stack of unopened letters will turn around and bite!

(Don't ask me how I  know) :ph34r:

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

It's a very interesting idea, very inventive. My only concern would what happens if any moisture is trapped during the wrapping-process, which might ultimately promote corrosion. From a purist point of view, I'd prefer to the see the airframe as-is, not done up like a "Piccadilly Commando" to make her, er, "appear younger than she is"! But that's just me. Very clever though.

• Like 2

It’s the latest thing with the automotive industry since paint has gone nuts in cost due to EPA regulations, labor costs and the insurance industry basically taking over body shops with regulations and cost controls.  Try to find a shop these days that will do an all over paint job, other than the Maaco places....

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, ScottsGT said:

It’s the latest thing with the automotive industry since paint has gone nuts in cost due to EPA regulations, labor costs and the insurance industry basically taking over body shops with regulations and cost controls.  Try to find a shop these days that will do an all over paint job, other than the Maaco places....

Yeah, I hear you there, I saw a brand new C8 Corvette in a hideous green, and nearly passed out until I found it was a wrap, and that can be changed easily and a lot less $$ too..... and paint is quite delicate..... this may be the wave of the future....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I think this is a good idea considering their circumstances, personally, I would rather have seen the Mustang be restored back to original, not a show warbird, but factory original.

I agree totally...

• Like 2