The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:32 Hasegawa Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4/Trop "Yellow 10", II./JG5, Finland 1942

Hasegawa's Bf109 F-4/Trop done out-of-the-box in 2011 with some Tamiya tape seat belts and left-over "Yellow 10" decals from a Kagero sheet...

9S-23_zpse9d15e4b.jpg

1S-53_zps968382e7.jpg

2A-4_zps53385da5.jpg

4S-53_zps5e026410.jpg

10S-17_zpsb249df05.jpg

11S-9_zpsd38327c0.jpg

7S-34_zpsbec6597e.jpg

8S-31_zps7f79dfad.jpg

5S-52_zpsbbbdba6d.jpg

6S-47_zps3986f828.jpg

Thanks for looking.  Cheers, Ralph. 

• Like 6

Guest styrenedemon

Another absolute stunner. I seriously am digging this scheme too which I've never seen before. 

I'd really love you to do a build and give an extensive tutorial of your painting and weathering process. That splotched variation you achieve in the individual colors is awesome. Is that from salt masking?

Thanks Gents - very kind words - much appreciated.

styrenedemon:  the tonal shifts in the paintwork were done by pushing the contrasting tonal variation during postshading.  The limitation with applying the colours by airbrush is that they always look soft-edged.  Most of the wing root chipping on this one was done with a 2B lead pencil.  The pencil was added in a couple of layers, and blended in with airbrushed grimy-coloured filters.  "Fresh" chips were added after the pencil-filter layers, just to pop out a few spots here and there.  I've been trying to use thinned Vallejo acrylics and the AFV "mapping" technique to add hard-edged scuffing.  Still trying to get the hang of it.  I've not tried the dissolved salt technique - think it would be very interesting to try on an Olive Drab-Neutral Grey subject. 

Cheers, Ralph.