ReXx Exhauts 1:32 - AEG, Alb. DV and Roland DVIb

• Administrators

ReXx Exhaust

1:32

Albatros D.V/D.Va

AEG G.IV

Roland D.VIb

IMG_8028.JPG 

Today we have are taking a look to the new items form ReXx catalogue, all in 1:32 scale.

ReXx produce exhaust from metal "galvanically”.

I really have no idea how theses beauties are produce but it´s my first time I look in flesh to these exhaust so it’s really a premiere for me.

Today we will be looking to the latest ReXx release: AEG G.IV and Roland Vb exhaust in 1:32, suitable directly to Wingnut Wings and Albatros D.V/DVa also for Wingnut Wings.

Looking at the packaging, all the exhauts REXx exhaust sets in a small clear plastic bag, with a little piece of foam to give extra protection. To finalize all are packed in a small clear box with a cardboard surround.

All the three model kits that these sets are design for, are all from Wingnut Wings so all of the models are excellent and need so little extra to add. Let`s see if, in fact, the ReXx aftermarket pieces give any extra live to the fantastic Wingnut Wings models.

RX32.058, 1:32nd Scale AEG G. IV – for Wingnut Wings

IMG_8029.JPG

The AEG exhausts is a complex one with a small “hat” on one end.

The kit exhaust comes in two pieces, so the exhaust is cut in half and some work has to be done to get a “solid” round piece with no marking. The “hat” system in the kit model is a bit of scale but resulting of the injection moulding limits.

IMG_8269.jpg

The main problem is how to make the exhaust hollow? It´s quite difficult, as the only way will take lots of time, patience and skill from the modeler. It´s not only drill a hole in it as most of the exhaust and the success is not granted. The only thing granted will be the time it will takes.

IMG_8047.JPG

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_8046.JPG

The ReXx exhaust also comes in two pieces each, so the “hat” is a separate piece and the connect hinges are very very thin.

The main part of the exhaust is in a single piece and fully hollow which makes a huge improvement from the Kit part, beside of being extremely thin, replicating the scale.

IMG_8271.jpg

IMG_8274.jpg

IMG_8275.jpg

IMG_8276.jpg

IMG_8277.jpg

The ReXx also has those tiny bolts but are really too tiny. The ones on the kit model look better to me but those bolts are quite easy replicate with the appropriate tool.

RX32.059, 1:32nd Scale Roland D.VIb – for Wingnut Wings.

IMG_8031.JPG

Next up is the Wingnut Wings Roland D.VIb.

This time the exhaust is a single piece, with no metal blocks to cut it off like the AEG Exhauts.

IMG_8050.JPG

IMG_8051.JPG

IMG_8048.JPG

The detail is very suttle but fantastic with a great reprodution on the exhaust tip 

The exhaust looks very thin and fragile and totally hollow… Its hyper realist… if unbelievable!!

Attetion its really delicate as its look like the real thing but only 32 times smaller.

It’s a fantastic extra to Roland DVIb.

RX32.016, 1:32nd Scale Albatros D.V/D.Va – for Wingnut Wings. RRP US$ 9.20 / € 6.60 / £5.50

IMG_8030.JPG

The last but not the least, the Albatros D.V/D.V.a exhaust. This is not really a new release from ReXx but I used already this beauty on my Alb. D.V that will appear on SAM Publications.

IMG_8267.jpg

Comparing with the exhaust kit, the upgrade is immediately.

IMG_8032.JPG

The fit is not as good as the kit part but with some care, it´s easy to get it in place.

The exhaust is extremely fragile and all hollow with real looking.

IMG_8033.JPG

IMG_8036.JPG

IMG_8039.JPG

IMG_8043.JPG

You just can work with this by using a real flame to get it burn, but be careful, its get really hot in just a few seconds. The effect is great and real!

Atenttion, do not touch with your bare hands on the exhaust as your fingers will leave your fingerprint, so work with gloves.

Conclusion

Longtime ago, there was a brand called “Moskit” that have some exhauts that would be similar to these ones. I say “similar” has I never had any Moskit exhaust in my hand. I don’t know if ReXx and Moskit are “related” any how too.

Returning to our ReXx exhaust, what can I say? Grat looking rust/platina look will save you from painting and you just can weather it more with pigments or natural fire! Or you just can put it on the model!! Its will look like the real thing! Totally hollow and very thin, these REXx sets are worth every single penny as they are very realist and will be a total plus to your model, at least a Wingnut Wing Model.!

By the way I also love ReXx Logo!

Rexx Logo.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

VERY HIGHLY recommended.

Francisco Guedes

My truly thanks to Oleg from ReXx models for these review samples.

To order theses beauties, just go and email Oleg at osrexxxx768@gmail.com or via facebook: REXx scale model accessories

Rexx Logo.jpg

IMG_8265.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

IMG_8270.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, harv said:

I really need to try these....harv

Harv, I have been told that this weekend on the FB page it will be some sales! So its a good chance to take some.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the thorough review. The problem I have with Rexx is availability. Not only since the WNW closure, but since two years, I try to find a reliable source for Rexx exhausts. Normally nearly all 1/32 exhausts are sold out everywhere, I look, except one or two, I'm not interested in. I start to get a little annoyed with companies seemingly producing great products, which are virtually not buyable.
If somebody has a reliable source (no FB) for Rexx, I will give it a last chance, If not, I stay with the plastic.

Cheers Rob

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Thanks for the thorough review. The problem I have with Rexx is availability. Not only since the WNW closure, but since two years, I try to find a reliable source for Rexx exhausts. Normally nearly all 1/32 exhausts are sold out everywhere, I look, except one or two, I'm not interested in. I start to get a little annoyed with companies seemingly producing great products, which are virtually not buyable.
If somebody has a reliable source (no FB) for Rexx, I will give it a last chance, If not, I stay with the plastic.

Cheers Rob

Hi Bob

Just contact Oleg directly by email:

osrexxxx768@gmail.com

Tell him that you got his contact from me or LSM.

The catalog is quite good and everything looks available as is make on demand.

Fran

• Like 1

Thank you for your help Fran, I think I will contact Oleg directly via your provided e-mail soon.

Just a personal thought of mine and not only directed to Rexx.
As much as I like to have a direct contact to people, on buying things and especially as a first contact, I like to have an anonymous entry, like a website, where I can browse through products, and get a feeling for the vendor/producer.
I feel better to spend time building my models, than to hunt for a certain product with the sense of Sherlock Holmes. I can't understand, how a company doesn't have a website, which is cheap and simple, other than, it is a pure hobby product.
Getting products to my little island becomes more and more complicated and expensive, due to tax/customs/hazard regulations, and that is why I prefer consolidated purchases, specially on products, where shipping and taxes tops the product price.
Of course, recommendations from trusty members here help a lot, but I tend to ignore producers more and more, where I can't get a reliable and efficient buying process :2c:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1