Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Yupp...I'm starting another build!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all 

I have the NTC-370 Cummins engine mostly done. I added most of the oil, fuel, air and water lines to it.

20200826_185700.jpgthis view shows the oil lines to and from the turbos added.

20200826_185636.jpgthis view shows the main fuel filter made from scratch and the two auxiliary fuel filters from the parts bin added. I added a oil pump and line to the block. I also added the air and fuel lines and the fuel fittings at the rear of the block. You can see the cooling lines from the water inlet housing to the air compressor.

20200826_185544.jpgthis view shows the cooling lines from the water inlet housing to the air compressor.

20200826_185515.jpgthis view shows the (black) hose added to the water inlet housing to the water pump. You can also see the cooling lines better in this view.

20200826_190223.jpgview of the passenger side of the engine in the frame.

20200826_190142.jpgview of the driver side of the engine in the frame. Well that's it for now be back with more soon.

Ron G 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

the front rims and floats sure look good

Hey Jeff 

The tires are really great! The wheels I had to modify by adding a 1/16" thick section I cut from an old set of Italeri truck rims and then added to the Scenes Unlimited front rim to make it into a float rim. The float tires actually come with a 10 hole Alco set of rims, lug nuts and center cap of your choice. His wheels/tires are really nice stuff, I really wish he had more for the semi tires, different brands, different tread designs, etc., but they still are nice.

Ron G 

• Like 2

So am I to gather the tires are a bit large for the rim to fit? Am I understanding that right? The Alcoa rims are the style we had on our trucks, so I have a set or two of them as well...... Ron have you checked out the Mo'luminum site for wheels and tires? Or Auslowe ? or even KFS?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

So am I to gather the tires are a bit large for the rim to fit? Am I understanding that right? The Alcoa rims are the style we had on our trucks, so I have a set or two of them as well...... Ron have you checked out the Mo'luminum site for wheels and tires? Or Auslowe ? or even KFS?

Hey Jeff 

No they aren't,  they fit real tight on the Hayes 5 spoke rims because they are 24.5" diameter, which are what the Italeri 1/24 wheels are in 1/25 scale, not 22.5" diameter. I  used the 22.5" dia. floats on the 24.5" 5 spoke rims because they look so cool on the gravel train and my AMT Peterbilt dump truck..oh! oh! I spilled the beans, yes it's another build I'm doing and it will have the dump from the AMT Autocar dump truck kit on it.

Yes I have, but most of Moluminum tires are out of stock. And Auslowe is a pain in the rear to get in any reasonable amount of time. I did order the photo etch for the Cat D8H bulldozer (2 sets) from Moluminum.

Ron G 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Great looking work to date.  Where did you source those fittings and receptacles for the lines?  Do they come in the kit, or after market.  They really dress the model up nicely.

• Like 3