The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Need assistance with Shillouette Software for cutter.

1to1scale

I need some help for anyone experienced with vinyl cutters please?

I have a Shillouette Curio with the software. I found the USAF font (Amarillo) and got it installed on my computer, however, I am still needing to find some US insignia, and while I’m at it, other countries, Israel for one. 

I’m so new I don’t even know what to call it and what to google. Help would be greatly appreciated.

specifically I’m trying to find the Korean vintage insignia with the red bars.

D7BE723A-4FA5-460B-9ABE-290FE095A804.jpeg

• Like 2

I use a Silhouette Portrait.  When I need material to make masks, I usually find jpg, or .png images online.   I googled  "USAF stars and bars korea" and found useful images like this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbf-nZqPRHJq1lef-dEZt

There are many others to find under the 'images' tab.  There are also pictures of decal sheets online, though they are usually resized to avoid illegal reproduction.  I save an image to a folder, and then use MS paint to edit out the bits I don;t need.  Then, I just import it into the Silhouette library.  Then you can drag and drop it onto your design surface.

Then, you can resize and clean it up to match your needs.

Gaz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To put anothers hard work up here and there  as something thats 'free to all' is a callous disregard for their effort.

But thats what the computer has done to our society , almost from day one.

The bottom line is you ,unfortunately , will have to develop some skill in software usage.

Stars , bars and circles are just so tough to create.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:42 AM, krow113 said:

To put anothers hard work up here and there  as something thats 'free to all' is a callous disregard for their effort.

But thats what the computer has done to our society , almost from day one.

The bottom line is you ,unfortunately , will have to develop some skill in software usage.

Stars , bars and circles are just so tough to create.

How can you say this? Do you know the person’s work? It’s it OK for someone to share their own work? You are making an ASSumption. Tribal sharing is better than information silos, if someone creates something and shares it, it makes society better overall, teaching others by example is the best of intentions.

Don’t be an ASSumer...the person who created the artwork was the same as the person who posted it. Please check your facts before you make ASSumptions.

• Like 1

From what I've read on TOS, the scale paint masks site was designed to be used by anyone, anywhere. They've gone so far as to NOT limit the masks to 1/32 scale and above. Anyone who creates masks can post it there for all to share. I think it's a great idea, though it's still in its infancy - so I'm not sure how well their library is populated yet. I'm not afraid to give kudos where they are due.

• Like 3

Well!  I'm not at all sure I understand the point that the seemingly embittered Mr Krow is making but I can assure you all that the motives behind Kev creating the masks site, and mine for taking quite a lot of time and trouble to submit posts and "tutorials" there is entirely altruistic and without any form of prejudice.  It doesn't bother me one iota whether people use the material or not, but if somebody finds any of it use then that makes it worthwhile.

Max

• Like 2