The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eduard 1/48 Lysander

Jackster

I have just completed this as part of a Battle of Britain 80 years group build. It depicts an aircraft from 26 Sqn based at Gatwick in 1940. I have chose to portray it in the SAR role. They patrolled the English channel looking for downed pilots, then dropped a life raft and smoke to mark their position.

I found the kit very challenging especially the canopy. There is a lot of PE included in the kit as standard and that was a whole new experience, especially a snot much is in evidence on the finished build. 

I remind myself it is a process, my airbrushing is improving, still a bit worried about weathering so left it alone apart from the two carriers. I need to work out how and when to use varnishes as well. But overall I thoroughly enjoyed the build and to me thats what its all about. 

IMG_5638.thumb.jpeg.9076bc7aa3e7b75cd9e4670bbeff033f.jpeg

IMG_5637.thumb.jpeg.53750d1f12f73aa3790356f47e2b9c4e.jpeg

IMG_5636.thumb.jpeg.5e61e741041c8ea4dc031f48a34f703c.jpeg

IMG_5635.thumb.jpeg.a7976899b0a58ee31c063769cdd0240a.jpeg

Cheers

Kev

IMG_5639.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

looks blooming marvellous Kev, I have the previous boxing in the stash, I think it hasn’t any PE or very little.......what was the problem with the canopy, what should I look out for......

Thanks Phil, the canopy is made up of five parts, the two side pieces have a slight curve on them for some reason when they should be straight. Other modellers have cut the canopy to remedy this, but that is outside of my skillset atm. Also when building the cockpit the instructions tell you to glue the top frame in place. This is where the wings fix onto, so it would be better not to glue until the cockpit side pieces are in place. There is a lot of aligning to do.

This was the Eduard limited edition, hence the PE. 

All in all an enjoyable kit.

Thanks everyone for comments.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 3