Jump to content

I can't find it!


GazzaS
 Share

Recommended Posts

No...it's not that! 

I'm looking for AM LG for my FW-190 A-1/3.  I need all three struts.  And a tailwheel.  My PCM's gear just won't cut it.  I've seen stuff from SAC, but that would be the last choice.  I've seen stuff for F-8's and A-8's, but I think those were heavier models.

 

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?  My search words just aren't finding what I need.

 

Thanks!

 

Gaz

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gaz,

Quickboost do a tailwheel set, although out of stock at BNA and CMA locally. QB32185 if searching elsewhere...

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/parts-decals-for-aircraft-1:32-reskit-rs32-0151

There is a Resikit late wheel set in stock at BNA, with the separate fork and tailwheel included...

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/parts-decals-for-aircraft-1:32-reskit-rs32-0151

Synthetic Ordnance Works offer an A-5 / A-8 main gear set for the Hasegawa kits, MLGS 1005 if you're searching.

Eduard of course do a dedicated full set for the Revell kits, however this has a square peg at the top of the main leg in order to fit Revell's gear bay, which may complicate things unnecessarily.

Edit: The FW-190 main gear were effectively the same throughout production. Frequently, rubberised accordion-type gaiters were seen covering the movable section of the lower oleos on earlier variants.

HTH,

S

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Gaz,

Quickboost do a tailwheel set, although out of stock at BNA and CMA locally. QB32185 if searching elsewhere...

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/parts-decals-for-aircraft-1:32-reskit-rs32-0151

There is a Resikit late wheel set in stock at BNA, with the separate fork and tailwheel included...

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/parts-decals-for-aircraft-1:32-reskit-rs32-0151

Synthetic Ordnance Works offer an A-5 / A-8 main gear set for the Hasegawa kits, MLGS 1005 if you're searching.

Eduard of course do a dedicated full set for the Revell kits, however this has a square peg at the top of the main leg in order to fit Revell's gear bay, which may complicate things unnecessarily.

Edit: The FW-190 main gear were effectively the same throughout production. Frequently, rubberised accordion-type gaiters were seen covering the movable section of the lower oleos on earlier variants.

HTH,

S

Thanks, mate!  Who is CMA?

That quickboost set looks great!  And they have it at Hannants.  I've seen the S.O.W. set and was thinking about buying them once I organized a tailwheel.  Hate ordering from the US, though.  I'll do what must be done, though.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Creative Models Australia...

Was looking at local options first. I'm finding that a few places overseas no longer ship Down Under.

Ooh...  I've had real bad service from Creative.  Ordered three times and had to ask for a refund twice as they claimed "It's not our fault what the supplier sends" after a six month wait.  Looks like BNA is the only place in Aus that I can count on for AM.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Thanks, mate!  Who is CMA?

That quickboost set looks great!  And they have it at Hannants.  I've seen the S.O.W. set and was thinking about buying them once I organized a tailwheel.  Hate ordering from the US, though.  I'll do what must be done, though.

I sent my Z-M J7W1 kit landing gear to Damian at S.O.W. to use as masters. A long time later, he sent me a couple of replacement sets. It was worth the wait - his stuff is top notch!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

I sent my Z-M J7W1 kit landing gear to Damian at S.O.W. to use as masters. A long time later, he sent me a couple of replacement sets. It was worth the wait - his stuff is top notch!

Thanks, Bill!  I've already sent an e-mail to order from him...  couldn't help myself and ordered 3 sets in total.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wumm said:

A view of the landing gear of FW-190 G-3 W.Nr 160016, captured by the Americans on Sicily in 1943.

IMG_20210101_232639.thumb.jpg.794ee5d61c6af03098b3329406aedf22.jpg

Added to show the oleo cover (and some examples of panel lines).

S

Great pic!  Thank you!

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...