The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Arado Ar 234B-2/N

• Administrators

Thanks guys,

Most paint is Gunze, including the RLM66. I use Vallejo for detail painting, and I also used Mr Paint for the struts (yet to be shown) and the interior of the nacelle (also to be shown).

The only aftermarket stuff here are the HGW seat belts and some Airscale instrument and placard decals. I have used lead wire and other scraps here and there, but the rest is OOB.

For rivets, I use the MDC rivet tool. This is a jewellers beading tool, meaning you apply one by one. These are mostly added with the photo-etch spacing guide you see. Where the curves make it difficult, I do them freehand.

• Like 1

Since this is no doubt a limited release kit I’ll have to save my pennies fast and buy one! I’m getting ready to re-scribe and re-rivet the Typhoon after finishing the seams. I have a MDC rivet tool but this will be my first time doing either to a model so should be interesting!!

Wow! That's serious progress,Jim! Looking good! You must have brain damage to tackle those rivets like that, though! I gave up after one P-47D stabilizer half...

I have to pick up the pace on my model, now that I have brought order to my living room. No more stacks of kits, decals and paint on the ground floor!

Wow! That's serious progress,Jim! Looking good! You must have brain damage to tackle those rivets like that, though! I gave up after one P-47D stabilizer half...

I have to pick up the pace on my model, now that I have brought order to my living room. No more stacks of kits, decals and paint on the ground floor!

I bet Mrs. B is very happy.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Lookin' good James ! I was checking this kit out at telford but I didn't buy it. I'm now really kicking myself.

Keep us posted,

Cheers,

Pete

Order one direct from Fly. It's still a reasonably-priced kit even with shipping from mainland Europe.

One word of caution.....marking the holes in the canopy, for those antenna masts, is a real bitch! 

• Administrators

The Arado is now assembled and I took advantage of the zero-wind weather today so that I could spray Tamiya Grey Fine Surface Primer over this one. Here is the result.

It's not perfect. There are a few things to sort, but all minor. 

So glad that crappy tan coloured plastic is now history.

DSC04115.jpg

• Administrators

Hi Peter, 

I use the RP Toolz punch set. It's pretty damn good. There is a small set which ranges from 0.5mm to 2mm , and a larger set for 2 - 4.5mm holes. They are consistent, sharp and accurate.

Of course, you'll notice my choice of cockpit decals. This model will be finished in a week for Military Illustrated Modeller. Love promo'ing your stuff ;)

• Administrators

Hi James,

I must ask the cockpit plackcards looks prima- is it artistic licences or accurat placing, I can't find any info?

All the best

Ted

Many are there because the NASM machine shows them (or similar) in place. A small number are added because I reckon they would probably have been there.

• Administrators

FOUR hours of decaling. Yes.....F.O.U.R, on a model which still isn't as decaled as some are, but here she is.

I've added a Klear coat here, and tomorrow I'll add the wash and install the Jumo 004 (ex-Trumpeter Me 262) to the nacelle.

Hope you like her.

DSC04116.jpg

• Like 2