I have just finished my B-24D and while putting on some of the decals they just “bubbled up” and came apart!

I used micro sol on them and I think they reacted to it. Now I am afraid to dull coat it with my testors flat. 
Should I be worried? Has anyone had troubles with their Kits World decals?

I had to replace the large stars on the fuseluge sides.

1485AE4B-6582-4686-ADD3-B138A1AE2FF5.jpeg

546F4DA1-EFC1-4B5B-98BA-459966C27466.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
13 hours ago, recon said:

I have just finished my B-24D and while putting on some of the decals they just “bubbled up” and came apart

I was going to use these on my 51’s as alternative to the box decals........thinking now if I should.....?

• Like 3

I used them on my Lil' Miss Mischief and didn't have any issues. But they were considerably smaller.  I suspect the Microsol may have been too hot and caused the reaction. I've had similar things happen when using Solvaset. 

IMG_20200713_160915.thumb.jpg.1a98411578f8b9e9174cf62357d75931.jpg

IMG_20200713_160841.thumb.jpg.ee9513a6760648f290006b1801933368.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Of all the main decal solvent solutions, Micro Set/Sol System is the friendliest and of lowest potency. I've used them since the 1970's and never a problem other then poor decals. If I'm worried about using the Sol solution, I goes with another application of et on top of the decals. if you're still uneasy, test on a decal in th least noticeable place.

Also. just check to make sure the paint/clear cat is smooth an d clean, to cover all the bases

Once the decals have thoroughly dried and the Micro Set/Sol has wicked off, I would gloss on top and then the final clear finish.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3