The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RFM Panzer IV Ausf H (Early)

On 10/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, Bomber_County said:

The beast it out of the booth and looking a little to clean. I closed all the hatches whilst spraying  but now they will be opened up. Wheels and tracks to be added plus 3 decals. I think finally solved a good base colour for tracks, Vallejo Track primer then equal parts of Black and Dark Brown Vallejo Wash applied liberally……..we will see……then weathering of the whole model……

DF15ED60-E194-457D-99AD-E8715C10EB3E.jpeg

looks great the colours just go so well. excellent paint-man-ship (if thats a word. if not it is now)

• Like 2

Came out looking Great Phil but I have to ask why silver for the MG42?I have an original G43 in the cabinet and the Germans like a Phosphate Black  or what can almost be called a very Dark dark Grey.You seen a photo as such just an inquiring mind :notworthy:;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KevinM said:

Came out looking Great Phil but I have to ask why silver for the MG42?I have an original G43 in the cabinet and the Germans like a Phosphate Black  or what can almost be called a very Dark dark Grey.You seen a photo as such just an inquiring mind :notworthy:;)

Thanks Kevin, I used Gunmetal but the Xtreme Metals wax which will lighten if gently buffed. Good point I’ll look into this, thanks for the heads up….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Phil

Sometimes scale effect, especially when photographed, offers a different look then we might have been expecting.

Back in the day, I would photograph a model underway, just to see how it looked from a different perspective and the pics always found errors and re-dos I never saw looking just by eye.

Keep 'em comin

Peter   

• Like 3

On 12/1/2021 at 12:46 PM, Peterpools said:Back in the day, I would photograph a model underway, just to see how it looked from a different perspective and the pics always found errors and re-dos I never saw looking just by 

Peter, you’re right the camera just amplifies the dust particles and that smudge and scuff where you didn’t quite flatten it…….when do you call it a day……..🤪

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 8:06 AM, Peterpools said:

Phil

Good question - I normally call it a day when I'm happy the way things loo and  stopped driving myself nuts a long time ago as finishing these days is my number one priority. If I'm happy, then that's all that counts

Keep 'em comin

Peter

With you on that one Peter time is short and the number of kits in the stash says I should work 20hrs a day.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Phil I am sitting on somewhere in the neighborhood of 200+ and that is a small collection compared to some out there.I have more in my collection than the the Hobby Town in Mobile has minus their Gundam kits they have a bunch of those.Hopefully the good Lord blesses me with a long fruit life cause I am going to need it.😀

• Haha 3

Kev

200 plus - yikes, that’s some stash and easily will require you to hang around for a good 50 more years 😉

My humble stash of unstarted and to be built kits is hovering between 12-18. These days, I have been selling off Or binning kits I know I am not going to build or even finish (shelf queens) for a nice loss 🤨 or just toss them with no plans of replacing the count. I do keep adding kits but at a much slower pace and am a lot more selective on what I buy. To be honest, with the Viggen on order, Kotare’s new Spit Mkla and SB’s new F4B all on the horizon for Sometime next year, except for some 48 and even 72nd scale purchases, I’m not planning on any other major purchases at all.

keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KevinM said:

Phil I am sitting on somewhere in the neighborhood of 200+ and that is a small collection compared to some out there.I have more in my collection than the the Hobby Town in Mobile has minus their Gundam kits they have a bunch of those.Hopefully the good Lord blesses me with a long fruit life cause I am going to need it.😀

Yep Kev I’d start pulling a few all nighters if I were you………

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

200 plus - yikes, that’s some stash and easily will require you to hang around for a good 50 more years 😉

My humble stash of unstarted and to be built kits is hovering between 12-18. These days, I have been selling off Or binning kits I know I am not going to build or even finish (shelf queens) for a nice loss 🤨 or just toss them with no plans of replacing the count. I do keep adding kits but at a much slower pace and am a lot more 

That sounds a good number Peter, apparently Santa has a couple for me so 16 will be ideal…….

• Like 3