The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RFM Panzer IV Ausf H (Early)

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Really nice paint job Phil. 

I've always been a fan of lightly weathered so can't wait to see what you come up with. 

Thanks Carl, as my time back in the hobby progresses, my AFV’s are getting more and more weathered and distressed. I looked at my first ever completed project on here, a Marder III H  and there wasn’t a blemish on it……the camo needs toning back may not go overboard this time……

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Holy smokes - looking fantastic. Absolutely let the weathering begin

Thanks Peter, this RFM has been a real pleasure to build, the box is still half full of parts, I suppose it’s easier for them to have standard sprue’s…..

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Great looking paint job, Phil!

Gaz, much appreciated, I did enjoy doing it. It’s bizarre the spraying a plane freaks me out but an AFV no problem……..

BTW……what happened in the T20 yesterday to the Green & Gold…….🤨

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Gaz, much appreciated, I did enjoy doing it. It’s bizarre the spraying a plane freaks me out but an AFV no problem……..

Phil, I think the phrase is 'got their ass handed to them'!

Unfortunately I think the Ashes will go completely the other way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Phil

Thank sure is odd as cammo is cammo, air brush work is air brush work and yours looks great.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

34 minutes ago, GusMac said:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GusMac said:

Gus, you’re right there. Also agree on the Ashes, our record down under isn’t very good……one can hope of course……

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Thank sure is odd as cammo is cammo, air brush work is air brush work and yours looks great.

That’s what I keep saying to myself……I’ve hit a real hurdle with the ZM 51, just not happy with the NMF……and really want that build to be as good as I have seen you guys create …….

• Like 3

Phil

Nothing tougher then a NMF, especially on the Mustang. Why not just do an easier build with a cammo finish and you'll be building up your mojo.  The key to NMF is the prep: polish, polish and polish and then a super smooth gloss black. 

Your Panzer cammo is right on the money and if it had wings - perfect.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:Nothing tougher then a NMF, especially on the Mustang. Why not just do an easier build with a cammo finish and you'll be building up your mojo.  The key to NMF is the prep: polish, polish and polish and then a super smooth 

Peter, I had that same thought today, the P38 I did earlier used Xtracolour faded OD and went down perfectly, hmmmmm got thinking there young man……

• Like 3

Phil I am working currently on the turret lid and I notice the you have some open windows.I was dropping the outside pieces in place and they seemed to seal the windows.They have us build the handles I suspect that operate the Lower half of the window so did you sand the bottom of the lower windows to get the open effect?I find myself at times Phil wishing for an easier build lotta parts to which alot will not ever be seen.:notworthy:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Nothing tougher then a NMF, especially on the Mustang. Why not just do an easier build with a cammo finish and you'll be building up your mojo.  The key to NMF is the prep: polish, polish and polish and then a super smooth gloss black. 

Your Panzer cammo is right on the money and if it had wings - perfect.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

I second that and you know Peter though I have never tried it but to do panels in various greys and spray with the same silver to offset the shades just never tried it yet:brickwall:

• Like 3

On 11/2/2021 at 12:02 AM, KevinM said:

Phil I am working currently on the turret lid and I notice the you have some open windows.I was dropping the outside pieces in place and they seemed to seal the windows.They have us build the handles I suspect that operate the Lower half of the window so did you sand the bottom of the lower windows to get the open effect?I find myself at times Phil wishing for an easier build lotta parts to which alot will not ever be seen.:notworthy:

Kevin, I just dropped mine in, they are still moveable so I just opened with a small screwdriver bladder. Not sure if the tolerances allow this but it did on mine . I know what you mean about not a lot is shown but you knows it’s there……I still have half a box of spares. I did enjoy the build but it’s convinced me to never do a full interior AFV…….any new pics?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, Bomber_County said:

Peter, I had that same thought today, the P38 I did earlier used Xtracolour faded OD and went down perfectly, hmmmmm got thinking there young man……

Phil

Glad we're on the same wave length and "Young Man" ... thanks so much, as I'll be 74 in ten days.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2