The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

AIMS Pastor John Announcement

AlanG

Seen this on another forum but i'm sure some of you here like his products. Sad day indeed.

AIMS NEWS. Hi everyone it is with great sadness that I inform you that due to ill health I will no longer be sending orders to private customers. It is hoped that this drastic step will give me more time to rest and a fighting chance of providing Hannants with a limited stock and therefore be able to continue. My hands are ruined and that it that. Thank you for all your support over the last 22 years. I will soon be taking my website down but will keep my FB page open. I had hoped to continue to be able to sell my 1/32 Bf 110 and Ju 88 sets that are not supplied to Hannants but after just 10 minutes back casting (two loads in the machine) my hands were on fire and the MRI reports that the nerves are damaged and there is nothing the surgeon can do about it and the most powerful steroid injections every month for last 10 months and 10 months of rest from the machines and moulds and packing orders have not made a blind bit of difference. So that is that, the situation is permanent and I must do the bare minimum or nothing at all - those my only options at this point. Best wishes, John

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

49 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Seen this on another forum but i'm sure some of you here like his products. Sad day indeed.

AIMS NEWS. Hi everyone it is with great sadness that I inform you that due to ill health I will no longer be sending orders to private customers. It is hoped that this drastic step will give me more time to rest and a fighting chance of providing Hannants with a limited stock and therefore be able to continue. My hands are ruined and that it that. Thank you for all your support over the last 22 years. I will soon be taking my website down but will keep my FB page open. I had hoped to continue to be able to sell my 1/32 Bf 110 and Ju 88 sets that are not supplied to Hannants but after just 10 minutes back casting (two loads in the machine) my hands were on fire and the MRI reports that the nerves are damaged and there is nothing the surgeon can do about it and the most powerful steroid injections every month for last 10 months and 10 months of rest from the machines and moulds and packing orders have not made a blind bit of difference. So that is that, the situation is permanent and I must do the bare minimum or nothing at all - those my only options at this point. Best wishes, John

Sad indeed! ☹️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GusMac said:

Medicine is great but there is still very little we can do for nerve issues. 😞

Totally agree. 17 years of pneumatic power tools has left me with the shakes at times. All to do with nerve damage in the wrists.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Sorry to hear that Alan.

Only used a pneumatic drill briefly when I was labouring on building sites as a student a long time ago. I can see how prolonged use would cause issues, even after a morning your forearms ached.

What I do remember is the b*****ds didn't tell me the exhaust was just under the handle and you had to make sure it was facing away from you. Guess who had it the wrong way and had to go home on the bus with a huge stain on his groin looking like I'd pi***d myself! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Very sad and one of my biggest fears. I’ve been collecting kits for over 25 years setting myself up for retirement this time next year.  I’ve got arthritis setting up in my hands and my second covid vaccination really put the left hand into question. Getting off and on numbness, arthritis symptoms are much worse on some days.  Doc told me do not get a booster with these side effects because they could get worse. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2