The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Clear the Bench! Zoukei Moura Bf-109G14 Non-Hartmann Build

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Swiss G-6 were pretty interesting as well 

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-SAF-J-706-WNr-163251-Switzerland-1944-01.jpeg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-SAF-J-708-Switzerland-1944-01.jpeg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-SAF-Flieger-Reg-2-FlSt7-J-704-Stkz-RQ+BI-WNr-163245-Switzerland-10th-Sep-1944-01.jpeg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-3.JG53-Yellow-5-Attenbaum-1945-01.jpeg

Not so interested in the Swiss.  Yellow 5 is interesting....   but I'm not sure it's a G14.  I think I have seen is captioned as a G10.

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Just came back after weekend in the mountains and look at this.  If I may suggest marking , humbly etc.... :), it would be Michel's ticket out of war.

34.jpegbodenplatte-gefr-alfred-michel-16.53.jpegbc6db6fdcaa99daf505a4ffa98a51d1f.jpeg

OK let me put it this way, Gary asked me if I can pass him some pictures of Hartman's G-14, well it has been a while since I was obsessing with 109s and markings of aces (generally speaking) was never in the centre of my interest. Yet I have realized , I don't have clear/conclusive reference picture shoving G-14. So there. I will sit back and see what magic is going to unravel in this topic. 

Cheers

M.

Gefreiter Michel doesn’t look all that happy about the shortness of his budding combat career. But I’m sure he’ll later feel quite relieved that it allowed him to get out of a losing war with nothing more than a bump on the head. 
A broken magneto is a pretty sure fire way to end your patrol early. 

• Like 2

Hello Modellers....

The bare bones engine.  I've skipped so many parts.  Wiring harnesses.  Tubing.  Lots of tubing.  And the large oil cooler at the front.  One of the lower engine bearer arms was weakened at some point and has been fortified with Xtra Thin.  Some interesting engineering.  The heat shields, which on every other model are part of the fuselage or added later externally are part of the engine assembly.

IMG_1248.thumb.JPG.e54ec0ecca04fd36286dabbfcc385976.JPG

I know some of you will really enjoy assembling this engine.  It would make a fitting display piece on it's own.

IMG_1249.thumb.JPG.d449084c5eef49d97b20e1fd48ac8bb7.JPG...

...  I just hope I can get the cowls closed when it's time.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Thank you for your interest, Peter.  FYI, I haven’t found any seatbelts in the kit.  I decided to cough up the cash for a set from HGW.  

Hi Gaz

I saw he same and bought a set of Airscale Luftwaffe Seatbelts - never used then so I thought I would give them a try.

• Like 2

Gaz

Nice start on the DB and the engine does look really good and detailed. How are you planning on painting the assembly or is the engine just being test fitted to the engine mounts?

I've always felt that about ZM's kits, as some of the details seem rather silly - such as the pistons. 

• Like 5

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Nice start on the DB and the engine does look really good and detailed. How are you planning on painting the assembly or is the engine just being test fitted to the engine mounts?

I've always felt that about ZM's kits, as some of the details seem rather silly - such as the pistons. 

Agreed on some of the engineering, but these are designed for the home market and they really like the level of internal detail.   
Us, not so much, but I talking to the Old Man and his family, this approach is looked upon favorable in Japan. 
Based on that, he really needs to do a P-38, P-39, and P-47. Three famous aircraft with VERY interesting engineering 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

I’m only going to paint the exhaust stubs and the top of the block.  Just to ensure no gray shows.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

nice shot providing some ideas about the late war camouflage application 

image.jpeg

I was actually studying this photo last night.  Some good colour variations in that mottle.  May be at least 3 colours.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Agreed on some of the engineering, but these are designed for the home market and they really like the level of internal detail.   
Us, not so much, but I talking to the Old Man and his family, this approach is looked upon favorable in Japan. 
Based on that, he really needs to do a P-38, P-39, and P-47. Three famous aircraft with VERY interesting engineering 

I really want a 1/32 Razorback.  But I want to avoid Trumpeter products.  Imagine that big radial and the super charger trunking.

• Like 4