The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Clear the Bench! Zoukei Moura Bf-109G14 Non-Hartmann Build

Thank you, Kai!  The wire bundle is actually a structural part.  It holds the starboard panel to the rear cockpit wall.  Besides...  it's still pretty hard to see once closed up.   

I am enjoying the wing assembly despite my fears of wrecking it.  It's something new and I like to learn about the way the 109 was put together.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I'm with you Peter.  I've never had much luck with wing panels.  With my latest Revell 109 build, the resin replacement parts fit worse than the ill-fitting kit parts.  I really do not mind the Hasegawa approach, as I like everything closed up.  To me, shape is all important.  I'll never take a tape measure to the model.  As long as it looks right, I'm happy to be ignorant of an errant millimeter or two.

Gaz

Right with you 100%

• Like 2

Great progress with the office and engine Gary. It seems like ZM has some 'soft' spots in every kit for some reason only known to themselves. I hope the six point attachment of the engine struts is better designed than with their TA-152, where it couldn't work like described in the manual.
Good choice to go for light gray as highlighting color, I do the same and never use silver shades for that purpose, just looks better scale wise.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GazzaS said:

So, how can you be certain this machine has an antenna mast?  Hell...  it might even have the large bulges for all I know.

Small ceramic insulator is visible on the picture, just above the fuselage, in front of the loop. If there was no mast, tge wire would go according the pictures posted above and the insulator would be in different position.

but….. it can be also anything else shining in the darkness:)

• Like 2