The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Rare Find: 1/32 Revell Heinkel 111.P-1

Artful69

2 hours ago, Artful69 said:

just browsing a local hobby store …

8622690E-7F4F-4E7E-BC97-5CE0A6277BBB.thumb.jpeg.fb7082153b755f9997b04c06292524c8.jpeg

$180 AUD … dunno how much postage would be out of Aus … but it’s a rare find nowadays!!

Rog :)

A few years ago, Mr. Toys in Springwood had both the 111H and Ju-88A for 158AUD each.  So....   knowing that all the fellas at TOS were complaining continually about the difficulty of finding/buying both kits, I posted an article saying that I would be the agent of anybody wanting to buy either or both, they would just have to pay postage and cost of the model...   And nobody said a dang thing.   So, there are always ppl who complain about wanting and not finding...   but they usually don't want to pay, either.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

A few years ago, Mr. Toys in Springwood had both the 111H and Ju-88A for 158AUD each.  So....   knowing that all the fellas at TOS were complaining continually about the difficulty of finding/buying both kits, I posted an article saying that I would be the agent of anybody wanting to buy either or both, they would just have to pay postage and cost of the model...   And nobody said a dang thing.   So, there are always ppl who complain about wanting and not finding...   but they usually don't want to pay, either.

Hammer, Nail, Head ... So true ... whine about accuracy ... detail / no detail / wrong detail / too much detail ... price ... AM / no AM ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Hammer, Nail, Head ... So true ... whine about accuracy ... detail / no detail / wrong detail / too much detail ... price ... AM / no AM ...

The best I have seen recently is the complaining about the Kotare Spitfire not having an engine after decades of bitching about too many open panels. I have some extra WNW Merlin's I should sell. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, smitty44 said:

The best I have seen recently is the complaining about the Kotare Spitfire not having an engine after decades of bitching about too many open panels. I have some extra WNW Merlin's I should sell. 

... Fortune passes everywhere! :D ... I forgot to mention Not enough bang-for-buck, or too many bucks for the bang!!

None of these manufacturers can win lol ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Here in the US, we occasionally find the Pro Modeler boxing in an LHS. Basically just a US boxing of the same kit, sometimes with different decals, but always with the RoG impossible to decipher instructions seemingly written on rice paper. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2