Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Considering ZM Bf-109 for next build.......

JohnB

but NOT certain yet! 🙄 Gaz did such a fine job on his it would be a hard act to follow! LOL Others here have built or started one so input would be appreciated (especially on the engine as I'm considering having the cowling open.)  Thanks in advance! :)

4993859445_ffc3b147b2_o.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mines not finished. I'm still not sure where it went wrong but the dihedral on my build is out the window. Looks like a banana . Wing root gaps are fine so can't figure out where it went wrong. 

I think if you do it with the cowls open, it makes things much easier. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Mines not finished. I'm still not sure where it went wrong but the dihedral on my build is out the window. Looks like a banana . Wing root gaps are fine so can't figure out where it went wrong. 

I think if you do it with the cowls open, it makes things much easier. 

Thanks Carl. I know it might be a high cuss-factor build but I'll probably give it a shot anyway. Sorry about your '109. I hope you can get it sorted out and finish it up as I'd really like to see it. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Decided against it for now. How about a old boxing of the Monogram 1/48 Hawker Typhoon! Had it on the shelf for MANY years LOL!

Uh oh! No canopy! No telling where it got to over the years! Maybe I can find a replacement somewhere.

Update: Found one on ebay. :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Never built the Hasegawa one but I completely botched the Eduard version. Unless that was a Tempest? 

I don't know for sure Carl but I don't think Eduard did a Typhoon.

I made a mistake Carl. My kit is the old Monogram kit, not Hasegawa. LOL Brain fart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

After re-checking the kit I now see there are NO rockets. Oh well, back in the box and I decided to get a Hasegawa kit on ebay that I know is complete.

So in the mean time I'll see what else I can get started on.........🙄

• Like 5

Looks like it's going to be the ICM 1/48 B-26K. Ought to look good with the black undersides, etc. Here's a pic of the earlier build of the A-26B that I built a couple of years ago.

48279-en_____.jpg

6-21-21 002.jpg

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Nice choice, and at least, unlike the Hobby Boss 1/32, this one will look like an A-26 without major prosthetic surgery ;)

Hubert

Thanks Hubert. Should be a nice one! :)

• Like 2