The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa 1/72 Japanese codename "Emily"

I picked up this kit last summer over in John's neck of the woods in LA at a modelling contest(P/U to many) in I think Covington,LA.This build will absolutely be OOB I want speed and completion.I will let the pictures speak for themselves their are 1/32 not this big!2060594879_S-100005.thumb.JPG.c3510d02897f6e03ba9b33f52f13d76f.JPG

1407021102_S-100006.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

just looked it up, the moulds are 5 years younger than me, the box is 11 years younger than me.  Despite that, we are both similar in looks, odd shade of green, bit rough around the edges and lots of marks on the surface !   

Great looking aircraft and one that I never managed to buy and build.  Looking forward to seeing this progress.

• Haha 5

Alright guys I think I am going to have to drop this one off the radar for now more work than I wish to deliver ATTM.The MG's look like 30/40mm cannons and no raise edges at all on the clear parts  all I wanted was a simple easy build later on this one.:hsmack:

• Sad 3

On 3/5/2023 at 2:52 PM, npb748r said:

just looked it up, the moulds are 5 years younger than me, the box is 11 years younger than me.  Despite that, we are both similar in looks, odd shade of green, bit rough around the edges and lots of marks on the surface !   

Great looking aircraft and one that I never managed to buy and build.  Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Hows your riveting holding up ?🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I think the guns are Type 99 guns - at least that is what Eduard sells as part of their upgrade package for this kit:

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/h8k2-emily-guns-1-72.html?cur=2&listtype=search&searchparam=h8k2

Never knew 20mm  got in the cart over at SB would fix that problem but still no canopy mask still later build.The canopy would require thin strips and a lot of use by a curved blade.;)

• Like 1

kev

I feel your pain and completely agree. When I built the 1976 Monogram Kingfisher for the GB, there was a boatload of glass and I had no choice but to spend nearly four of five full work sessions masking with super small strips of Tamiya tape cut on a Infinity Mask Board. While I did have faint canopy frames to work with, I was still ahead of the game as your Emily doesn't have any. Good choice on letting the build slide as the masking would easily drive you to drink, not to mention a lot of shaking and cussing as John would say, LOL.

• Like 2