The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Anyone make a 1/16 M4A1 Sherman kit?

ScottsGT

I’ve always liked the early Sherman, but my Google-foo is weak tonight.  I found articles on a 3D printed hull on other chassis, but I’m just wanting an OOB kit I can mull over buying. 

• Like 2

I exhausted my Google foo doing the same thing a while back. The only way I could find to do it was to buy an expensive later model kit and add a bunch of really expensive resin conversion stuff. I am holding out hope that Andy's HHQ will do one. I have asked him via email a couple of times. Please help me bug him about it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

If you're looking for a large scale Sherman with VVSS suspension, Dragon do some in 1/6.

Needless to say, they're a bit (a lot?) bigger and a bit (a lot more?) expensive. 

Hey Carl 

I have that kit. It cost me $400.00 dollars back about 10 years ago. It's basically one of there 1/35 scale kits enlarged to 1/6 scale. They even enlarged the thickness of the plastic walls! The detail is like you would imagine if you scaled up all the small pieces to 1/6, they just wouldn't be right.

Ron G 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, biggtim said:

I exhausted my Google foo doing the same thing a while back. The only way I could find to do it was to buy an expensive later model kit and add a bunch of really expensive resin conversion stuff. I am holding out hope that Andy's HHQ will do one. I have asked him via email a couple of times. Please help me bug him about it.

Will do! 

• Like 2

I too have hoped fo a large-scale early model Sherman.....I' m guessing

That Andy's next release will be a Lee and a Grant, which will be cool.

He stated; that he will be announcing an american and a British tanks and

they won't be a sherman. A Lee, American....change the turret, A Grant, British.

• Like 2