The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII MTO

I figure it's about time for another Spitfire build. Tamiya's Mk VIII is another one of their outstanding kits and I know it will be a enjoyable build. I will be using the Kagero Top Colors for this one also and a Quinta cockpit set. Stay tuned.

Spitfire Mk VIII 9-5-23.jpg

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice decision and a thumbs up 👍 on the scheme: MTO. Of course, it's a Tamiya gem and the cuss level should be zero - going to be nothing but an enjoyable build fora change.

Thanks Peter. Right now I'm waiting for the Quinta cockpit set from SB to arrive so I'm working on other areas of the build. Nearly finished with the wings, the prop/spinner, and landing gear are done.:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Is it finished yet………….😃……..only built one Spitfire in my entire life and did it very badly when I was young……..😟

Sounds like it's about time for another Spitfire build Phil. :)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

But which one though, Tamiya, Kotare, and now Border or even going down the list Revell?……..where do you begin…..

Tamiya Phil. You can't go wrong with theirs. The Revell is okay but I'm not familiar with the others. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

Tamiya Phil. You can't go wrong with theirs. The Revell is okay but I'm not familiar with the others. :)

Phil

Normally, you just can't go wrong with Tamiya but in the case of the Spitfire, Tamiya's kits all have awesomely detailed engines which take a lot of work. Most of my Tamiya Spits have the engines fully exposed but I'm tired of all the extra work and now tend to close up the engine cowlings. If the RR Merlin isn't a main part of the build for you, go with the Kotare Spit - beautifully detailed, fits perfectly from all the builds I've followed and the instructions are by the same crew from WNW👍 The Kotare kit also costs a lot less then any of the Tamiya kits. I'll be building mine sometime this fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

I'm with you there John, my favourite paint, looking very smart.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. Xtracolor is good modeling paint for sure. Too bad it's not available here in the US.

• Like 1