The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

P-51B conversion #2

I've been working off and on on my 2nd P-51B conversion. I'm using the Trumpeter "B" I did as the racer "The Houstonian" and a nose off of a OLD Monogram P-51D kit. Fit isn't all that close but with some work I think it can be sorted out okay. I plan to do some sanding down of the panel lines on the nose as they are a bit heavy plus it needs some more puttying and sanding where it mates to the Trumpeter model. "Bald Eagle" will be the subject. I got the needed decals from Draw Decals which are for a modern airshow "D" but will do okay for this conversion (I THINK) LOL. Stay tuned sports fans and athletic supporters!!!

10-24-34 001.jpg

10-25-23 B 001.jpg

11-2-23 001.jpg

716lGGCkD5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 7

I'm gonna back burner this for the moment as a Tamiya F4U-1A kit was just delivered and I want to get started on it. Great service as it only took 5 days via FedEx to reach me! And the shipping was free. My TOTAL cost, including tax, was $127.00. Shipping HAD to be something like 30 or 40 dollars. What a deal!

At any rate, this is the a/c I'm planning to do.

Peleliu F4U-1A's.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Both subjects look great John. The white cowls on the Corsairs are certainly different.

Agreed Carl. I'll still work on the P-51B off and on while working on the Corsair. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spitfire said:

I am so envious of the way you can build kits so fast and accurate and switch horses in mid stream while I just plod away, keep it up !

Cheers

Dennis

LOL Dennis. :) I just like to keep something, or some things, going. Helps me to stay at least partly sane! 🤪

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KevinM said:

Someone hit a snag?:hsmack:

For sure Kevin! My compressor quit on me a few days ago so I haven't been able to do any significant modeling! My new one is supposed to be here tomorrow. Come on FedEx!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

Must be going around first Rob,Me and then You in the last 3/4 months:hsmack:

Being without a compressor sure puts the quietus on things. I'll be a happy camper when my new one gets here. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Glad to know the new compressor has arrived and it's already being put to good use. Nice start on the Invasion Stripes. :construction:

Sure is good to be able to resume working on a model. I hadn't realized before how much I depend on a compressor. LOL

• Like 2

I've got three compressors under my bench. One has a leak and needs to be fixed. The original replacement for it just didn't have the power/capacity so it was swapped out for the third one. So far so good. I'm hoping I can find someone to fix the first one though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I've got three compressors under my bench. One has a leak and needs to be fixed. The original replacement for it just didn't have the power/capacity so it was swapped out for the third one. So far so good. I'm hoping I can find someone to fix the first one though. 

Lack of a good compressor sure puts a halt on a build! I hope your 3rd one works out. :)

I decided to lay in a couple of cans of "air" to have "just in case" LOL.

• Like 2