The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Sprue Brothers VIP Club

Received an email from Sprue Brothers about joining their VIP Club. Looking over my orders from last year, I'm going to pass as I can't see how the savings are worth joining in my case.   

• Like 1

I looked at this when I got the email from Sprue Brothers. Like several other members here, I don't order enough to make it pay off. Especially when postage to Canada is so high. 

Then again, shipping to Canada has made ordering from most overseas retailers a non-starter. 

Shops in Hong Kong and Japan along aren't too bad, the UK is a bit more and the UD is oftentimes the most.

Oddly enough, the furthest from Canada is the cheapest. Australia seems to have some of the lowest shipping costs. Go figure. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

What I do wonder is why SB is doing this in the first place.  

Peter,

It's like any other retailer (Costco, Sam's Club, etc) that has a membership. They figure if you've paid for it, you're going to want to maximize its use as much as possible. Which hopefully means you end up buying more from the one place rather than spreading it around. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Well doesnt Kitlinx do something similar?

They do but as heard from a member here the customer relation part after the sale w....ell?:hsmack:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KevinM said:

They do but as heard from a member here the customer relation part after the sale w....ell?:hsmack:

Indeed. I used to love Great Models Webstore, but kitlinx absolutely not.

• Like 3