The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

IDF D9R

1 minute ago, DocRob said:

Looking fantastic, nice work on the weathering and the period photo relation makes it stand out. I started the kit some years ago, but have yet to finish it.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. It's indeed a very nice kit. I hope that maybe you get an inspiration to finish your D9R as well :)

• Like 4

Just now, GiveMeScale said:

Thanks Rob. It's indeed a very nice kit. I hope that maybe you get an inspiration to finish your D9R as well :)

I started it as a test bed for multi layered painting techniques then. As far as I know there is the typical CAT yellow under the IDF hemp color. I wanted to use the hairspray technique to show wear and tear through the different layers, metal, primer, yellow hemp for more depth in the weathering. I used the same technique later successful on a Corsair build.

BTW, :1051927712:

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I started it as a test bed for multi layered painting techniques then. As far as I know there is the typical CAT yellow under the IDF hemp color. I wanted to use the hairspray technique to show wear and tear through the different layers, metal, primer, yellow hemp for more depth in the weathering. I used the same technique later successful on a Corsair build.

BTW, :1051927712:

Cheers Rob

Yes, you are correct. Israel do get it yellow painted and if you zoom in, there are yellow chips on the lower part of the dozer. From my understanding, the upper part though is replaced, so there can't be yellow chips. 🤝

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FullArmor said:

Yes looking great! Thanks for sharing.

I'm not a believer but most certainly would be humbled inside of those massive four blades. 🕍

Thanks FullArmor.

Agree with the possible feeling inside those - I guess it's better than nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bomber_County.

Looks like a very good website with nice people to discuss models - I believe each one of us, really wants to share his work with people that understand it. :) 

Yes, the D9 is a real beast.

• Like 2