The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya P-47D Razorback Thunderbolt: 5/13/24: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Thanks John, so very much appreciated and glad you liked the scheme - the cowl painting was a bit tricky along with its decaling but in the end came out looking mighty nice.

• Like 1

DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

With the decal work and the final clear coats also finished, it was time to start adding all the remaining subassemblies.

First up was the gear – mains and tail wheel. I had already built up the gear, painted and highlighted the details with Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Line Wash. With the gear in place, the gear doors were added as well. 

Next up was the drop tank and right from the start I knew I was going with the 150 gal center line drop tank – painted, panel line wash added and installed.

The prop was built up earlier in the build, painted and decaled. I did take a bit of poetic license with the prop logos but they looked so good.

All the masking was removed the glass and the Jug was looking mighty good.

The final small details were added, wingtip nav lights were added before priming and masked out for a neat, clean tight fit.

I think that should be it and then ready to be rolled out on the flight line.

There are a few small details I need to fix but they will wait for another day.

uAInIE.jpg

OOIeGR.jpg

8MSyrb.jpg

GSpP8f.jpg

3YDlQY.jpg

R001r0.jpg

JX6sEc.jpg

nTv2I7.jpg

• Like 8

• Peterpools changed the title to Tamiya P-47D Razorback Thunderbolt: 5/13/24: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Martin, very much appreciated. I have always preferred my builds in a museum type finish and the Jug surely fills the bill. An awesome kit, not new but it's fit, details, instructions and zero frustration factor are right up there with the newest of kits. Couldn't ask for more, except the cost - nowhere near the latest kits - an extra added bonus. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...