Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

It’s here! It’s here! The new phone boo…..Oh wait..the new A-20 J/K is at Sprue Bros.

And guess who just ordered it. :D
Great deal at just under $200

Yea, it will show up next week when the wife is home, but since were babysitting the grand kids all next week maybe the beating won’t be as bad. 

Besides, this was purchased using my Christmas raffle gift card I was so graciously given to me by Harald, aka Winnie.  Now there might have been a little difference in the balance between the gift card and the total cost…..

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

FYI, it just dawned on me that the shipping charges seem to have changed at Sprue. And for the better.  At least for this shipment.  In the past expedited shipping was something like $16.99. This time it came up as $9.99, only $2 more than standard shipping.  Yea, I paid it and it’s arriving tomorrow. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

FYI, it just dawned on me that the shipping charges seem to have changed at Sprue. And for the better.  At least for this shipment.  In the past expedited shipping was something like $16.99. This time it came up as $9.99, only $2 more than standard shipping.  Yea, I paid it and it’s arriving tomorrow. 

Me thinks you are a little excited about this one Scott. How is the cunning plan going on how to sneak it past SWMBO……..smoke and mirrors……

• Like 4

Might have to wear this one like a red badge of courage!  It’s going to be hectic here tomorrow between daughter and SIL visit, new pup, their dog, doctors appointment, doing lunch out….Hmmm….I have a bunch of empty cardboard boxes I could pile up on the porch.  She might not notice another sitting there unopened.  

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Ha!  SWMBO was out shopping with the daughter. I turned off the ring doorbell notifications this morning.  
It was meant to be.  

Darn it…………..escaped the beating again………

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Ha!  SWMBO was out shopping with the daughter. I turned off the ring doorbell notifications this morning.  
It was meant to be.  

Proof, or it didn't happen! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Proof, or it didn't happen! :D

The shopping or the package arriving?

IMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.39cabdc11443e43a2915e3eda44a9aa2.jpeg

Now the shopping I cannot prove.  But the fact that I’m typing this out should be proof I’m still alive and my fingers aren’t broken.  
See your Cutlass peaking out over the top of the box? 

• Like 4

On 5/22/2024 at 1:12 PM, ScottsGT said:

And guess who just ordered it. :D
Great deal at just under $200

Yea, it will show up next week when the wife is home, but since were babysitting the grand kids all next week maybe the beating won’t be as bad. 

Besides, this was purchased using my Christmas raffle gift card I was so graciously given to me by Harald, aka Winnie.  Now there might have been a little difference in the balance between the gift card and the total cost…..

nooooo no difference... lol!

Glad you put it to use!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting.  I just opened the kit for the first time.  
When I placed the order , Sprue Bros had the HKM metal landing gear as an option.  I passed since I had Ali’s brass nose gear.  Went to Ali’s website and he was offering an updated nose gear and now he has mains. So I ordered them.  
Upon opening the new kit, I discovered that it now comes with the metal legs!  
Nose gear is still that half leg design you have to glue on.  
So glad I went with Ali’s gear.  

You want my early design Aerocraft brass leg?  Once the new one arrives I’ll be glad to send it your way. I have no need for two of them.