Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Academy 1/48 B-25PBJ-1D--Finished

This will be out of box except for the Kits World IP enhancements(last set I buy no instructions/placement).The build should really be rather quick unless I get that that ink..il  ing to wier the en..gines Ok maybe a little more than OOB no promises.:hsmack:

B-25J 002.JPG

B-25J 001.JPG

• Like 6

I am working this guys I just so hated the KW IP and all decided I am relegating it to an old Monogram/Revell kit I have.I ordered from HobbyNuts about 4 Quinta's Kits last Friday paid for faster delivery but still nothing in the mail yet 3/4 days was the time frame which would be today?Nada!:hsmack:So I am piddling here and there till they arrive.;)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

It's always something. Fingers crossed all arrives and you will be flying on the build.

🤞

I emailed them this evening...we'll see

5 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Awesome choice Kevin!  Looking forward to seeing it come along!  You'll probably finish before I finish my JRS-1 🤪

It could happen Mike but the way the snail mail is moving these days?I never pay extra for faster delivery and the O..N..E time it's frigg'in late.:wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Did the 25B version a little while back . Despite the talk about the props/ cowlings  etc on the AM tooling , can't say I found it an issue / obvious . 

Did spend way too much time mucking around with the interior which is pointless 2 minutes after you glue the fuse together .

Also it took about 4lbs of nose weight ...in the nose..... the bomb bay ...everywhere just to stop it sitting on the tail . Had ot go back towards the end just to open up areas to put more weight ...

Nice model though. 😀

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well that was quick Mark over at HobbyNuts got back with me by email within the hour ends up I ordered some stuff not in stock so the order was on hold of course the B-25J kit is on BO 2/3weeks.I will proceed with the Kits World set. I think Guy has the right idea once closed 85% is hidden I just do not have any AM 1/48 belts for the pilot seats then maybe if I look a little harder.....?:hsmack:

• Like 4

On 8/1/2024 at 5:40 PM, KevinM said:

I am working this guys I just so hated the KW IP and all decided I am relegating it to an old Monogram/Revell kit I have.I ordered from HobbyNuts about 4 Quinta's Kits last Friday paid for faster delivery but still nothing in the mail yet 3/4 days was the time frame which would be today?Nada!:hsmack:So I am piddling here and there till they arrive.;)

It's always something Kevin. I have about quit forking out extra $$ for "expedited delivery" as it doesn't arrive any sooner than regular delivery. Good luck!🙃

• Like 5

Kev

Agreed, we all spend so much time on the interior and then as soon as the fuselage is closed up - nothing except a small portion of the front office and inside the turrets can be seen. We always justify it by saying: at least I know it's all in there, but in reality, right with you - a big waste of time. 

These past few years, I've stated to leave out all the hidden details which take so much time and tend to complicate the build as well. Manufactures should include the removable inspection/maintenance panels so the details can be seen. 

:construction: 

• Like 2

Well this is about as far as I am going with the interior.The Kits World 3D decals are let's say this is my last set they work but Quinta is light years ahead these have a very bright white outline you have to paint.I never looked for belts again just FI I am aiming more for the exterior than anything.;)

B-25J 001.JPG

B-25J 002.JPG

B-25J 003.JPG

• Like 4

Kev

Nice progress on the interior and thanks for the heads up on the Kit World interior decals. I did use a set a while back for the for seats and found the same. I've been a fan of Quinta Decals since they started and except for one or two builds since then, have used them on every build.

:construction:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to let you guys know it's moving just slow life is getting in the way a bit ATTM.The weight required was 45g quite abit Guy said it was heavy hence the front gear was already to be installed by now but I will wait.;)

B-25J 001.JPG

• Like 5

A little update is in order and a productive evening it has been.I must say who ever created these mask and the see through material did the BEST set I have ever utilized perfect and super flexible thumps up!!The wings are still not glued in as of yet got some filler around the nose to still do before the primer hits the crate.The build has not been to bad any issues present were probably created by yours truly.The F-150 is done finished today more time to modeling.:D

B-25J 001.JPG

B-25J 002.JPG

• Like 9

Really nice job!! I think I had that kit YEARS ago and ended up giving it away in a holiday raffle.  Very happy to see the progess you've made.  All that nose weight is something.  Wow... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Really nice job!! I think I had that kit YEARS ago and ended up giving it away in a holiday raffle.  Very happy to see the progess you've made.  All that nose weight is something.  Wow... 

I think you are referring to the Accurate Miniatures boxing? Yes Academy is using the same molds with some enhancements.I am thinking the weight is a bit of and overkill.;) 

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Nice progress and agreed, the mask sets looks like a perfect fit.

I tell you Peter if I could find out who made those .........they really were the easiest masks I have ever used with no instructions.;)

15 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Should be a beauty Kevin! 🙂

I am hoping it goes that way John the right side below the nose glass got a filler issue hoping I get by it.I do not mind seams so much but unlevel surfaces:wallbash:

• Like 3

Slowly digging deeper guys moving forward I spent a good hour last night sanding on the R/side under the nose glass while not 100% it pretty close you can't see the filler really unless looking hard.I found a myriad of seams around the nacelles I had to tend to I had focused to much on the leading edges but that's part of the purpose of primer.I was amazed I still had a bottle of MM enamel Intermediate Blue still good thinned it down with Mr.Level Thinner and it's good to go should start paint tomorrow thinking leaving the wings off and glue them up afterwards the fit is good upstairs and OK down below it's no show model.;)

B-25J 001.JPG

B-25J 002.JPG

• Like 4

On 8/19/2024 at 9:29 AM, rverissimo said:

Great build !

looking forward to check the painting!

Not my best effort Ricardo but should look good in the cabinet from a couple feet away.;)

• Like 2