Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/35 Tammy M51 1967 Six Day War ....Complete.... RFI ....pixs !!

Back on the road .. today my stowage arrived , lotsa it . 

Appears to be a copy of the Legend Productions set , which is a little disappointing to find it's a knock off. Last stuff I bought was original work . 

temp-Imageb-BRC8c.avif

Cleaned it all up and affixed with heavy viscosity superglue . Remembered to wear a mask when grinding it all clean 

temp-Image824g-RW.avif

temp-Image6-JUQWS.avif

• Like 6

So now according to Martin Kovacs it all get black based 

temp-Image-BMQjk7.avif

Nope , as much as I like his work I find this , followed by light shade from up top and below with a darker coat ....a bit cliched in 2024 ..and results in all your models looking like Uncle Nightshifts ...

So generic grey primer, good coverage and slightly textured, plus good for mixed media -some of the parts are copper sheet replacement ..sticks ot it all 

temp-Image-GZVr7c.avif

• Like 5

Ok ex factory these came in OD ...so OD it is . Followed by the best hairspray for chipping as recommend by Evan at Panzermeister36 ...

temp-Image-C2fe-UU.avif

temp-Imagetl-Ispj.avif

temp-Image-ABu67-I.avif

Which os still a dark base , but authentic colour and only there for some light chipping later

• Like 7

3 decals ( god.... I love armour for that ) .....and a bunch of painting using Vallejo paints and a wet pallette. 

temp-Imagei-Urh-CK.avif

temp-Imagek-B7-Qk0.avif

And draw the session to a close with my favourite matt varnish ...a recommend from Alexander Pedan who makes great trucks 

temp-Image-ZWg6p1.avif

So a good evening , we are now ready to start the weathering , finish the tracks, build some figures  and complete the model , before moving onto a small dio . 

A shot for the 1967 Six Day War ..

temp-Image-Uiv0w-O.avif

Laterz

PW 

• Like 10

• PanzerWomble changed the title to 1/35 Tammy M51 ......Back on the Road again !!

@Martinnfb

Thanks for the pics my friend  , FYI some are Six Day War ...some Yom Kippur ..

I've gone 1967 as they were still mostly "light sand" ...IDF turned into "grey desert" in the early 1970s , although apart from where they mounted some of the accessories there's not a lot in it . 

They palmed the M51s off on the Lebanese Militias in the 1980s ..who did this with them , although god knows how old 1940's homogenous armour coped with RPG-7 Rounds ....probably why they were cast. 

temp-Image-CSRo-Zr.avif

• Like 5

Calling this one done . Didn't reckon much to the in-box figures , so will leave any dio to another day when /I can find some nicer resin offerings . Plus I'd like to finish my Brizzol .

M51 1967 Six Day War .

Cheerz

PW 

temp-Image5-Jq-Tr-M.avif

temp-Imagej-WWLu-T.avif

temp-Image9-CW6-Kb.avif

temp-Image-VADQ8-F.avif

temp-Image-Ym-QT4-Q.avif

temp-Imagei-JMR7-B.avif

temp-Image9v-TLTZ.avif

temp-Image-Fyd6-Pt.avif

temp-Image8-Ci4-Bu.avif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• PanzerWomble changed the title to 1/35 Tammy M51 1967 Six Day War ....Complete.... RFI ....pixs !!
8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

PW

Brilliant, fantastic work and the weathering is spot on and oh so real. 🏆

6 hours ago, CANicoll said:

PW

Beautiful work!  Your added bits really make a huge improvement to the terrific work you did on the tank.  Weathering is so nicely done, too.

What Peter and Chris said :respect:

Hubert

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Great work there. 

One question, how do you paint the road wheels after everything is assembled? Any easier than painting them before assembly?

Cheer Carl 

I brush the wheels after base colour but before the tracks go on ( although have done that as well when using individual links ) 

If you look closely you'll see the inner rubber tyres are mostly unpainted ....but you don't notice when you look at it. 

My style is "glue everything together as much as you can and then paint" . It's partly where I come apart with aircraft because I have to plan it far more..even worse with ships . 

@HubertB  @CANicoll  @Peterpools  @belugawhaleman

Thanks for the encouraging comments fellas . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1