Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/35 M923 Gun Truck, Italeri

Interesting, what was in the box, Martin. Always good to replace as many parts on a Italeri kit :D.
The meshes came out great way better then the plastic blobs. Will stay in your sandbox and watch you progress.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, as I was drilling the resin hubs, one broke off. So I had to improvise by using the hub from the kit and the resin tire. Not great, not terrible. 
also that Michelin thread is incorrect for this particular vehicle, but that’s gonna be our little dirty secret. 

IMG_4435.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

IMG_4437.jpeg

• Like 11

Interesting. Some of those seem quite bizarre. Must have been hard to get volunteer to mount that gun, particularly in urban environment, just waiting to get sniper shot. However in convoy in desert could have worked because of high vantage point.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Basic assembly done. 

IMG_4439.jpeg

Is that the M1324/5 purfume bottle carrier version ? Popular with 1 star generals and their campaign wives 

looks a good base for some kick ass weathering 😀 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Pure Mad Max kick ass style and on the other hand looking so outdated and improvised. Great choice of quirky subject Martin, Chassis and wheels are looking good.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the input guys.

So, there was something strange about this truck and I just couldn't place it. So I started browsing the web and realized that the floor of the bed is all metal. Well it is not too late        ..... never too late... 

cropped-5T-10395-Ton14FootDrop-SideCargoBed(2).thumb.jpeg.19e4fd37415584481114c8c41c329e3a.jpegcropped-5T-10395-Ton14FootDrop-SideCargoBed(1).thumb.jpeg.271dbc921f49ddef262d7f85e0401a7d.jpeg

• Like 2

Martin

Some mighty nice progress and what a touch. Can't wait to see where the build is going. Glad you found your reading glasses, so you can actually see what you are doing. If I couldn't find my glasses, I would have a hard time finding anything at all, let alone attempt to work at the bench, which surely be a disaster.  

:construction:

• Like 1