Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109 F-4-Finished

I am going to be modeling the airframe of Major Erich Gerlitz  #4 on the sheet with the chevrons.The plane depicted there is with the 17 kills on the tail but I found a pic/artist of her with 16 kills with the half sand and half blue(see the blue under exhaust).I was going to do some history of the guy but it is actually very to no info on the net.I did locate a site that listed when/where of his 20 kills.The Quintas should be in by Friday that will be the extent of the AM.;)

sandbox 001.JPG

sandbox 002.JPG

sandbox 003.JPG

sandbox 002.JPG

• Like 5

The fuselage has been closed up to which the Quintas made a Nice impact.I am really as time goes on I am wholly acceptable to using the Quinta belts it's just to easy and basic effect is achieved in 90% of my builds.The Quintas also left me with a partial amount to go do a G4 on out for the IP and basic floor bits.... mind you I used a G2/G4 kit since the F model seem to not be in production.I also had to determine what was the correct seat for this build while Hasegawa says use the high back seat a friend on another forum had the instruction manual low back is the answer.The LB seat made attaching the belts much easier ti replicate a drape. ;)

F-4.webp

sandbox 001.JPG

sandbox 002.JPG

sandbox 003.JPG

sandbox 004.JPG

sandbox 005.JPG

• Like 5

• KevinM changed the title to Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109 F-4-Copit complete/Fuselage closed
On 9/4/2024 at 8:08 PM, Landlubber Mike said:

That's a sharp looking scheme Kevin - looking forward to following along!

It's better than the solid sand Mike for sure.;)

On 9/5/2024 at 12:39 AM, Peterpools said:

Kev, X3 - nice scheme for sure and will be following for the entire journey. :popcorn:

Thanks Peter hopefully the model gods let a presentable piece of effort to be produced....did I just say to much:hsmack::D

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Beauty! 

Quintas made it right Martin even though I re-glued that strap putting it in .....:wallbash:  Again thanks for looking in fellas "A Tempest" follows this one waiting on the Quintas and Hobbynuts to provide their usual quick service.;)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Looking good Kevin!  Nice color to the cockpit and the belts look terrific.

I appreciate the compliment Chris got to work a couple night shifts be atleast Wednesday before any more happens.;)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Nice start on your 109 ... the office is looking mighty good.

:construction:

Thank Peter was hoping to get some work tomorrow done but it looks like I will have some wind to contend with:hsmack:

I got my paint laid today Tamyia lacquer "Light Sand",Tamiya "RLM78" next two acrylics Tamiya "White" and AFK "RLM04".I did not go pre-shade on this one optioning out on a post shade how much still to be determined .I did my usual fast pace thin lines within panels splotchy like and then a general spray from further away to blend.The LS on top is splotchier than the pics depict.I plan to do a panel wash for sure what comes next is in question.:hsmack:

sandbox 001.JPG

sandbox 002.JPG

sandbox 003.JPG

• Like 5

• KevinM changed the title to Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109 F-4-Paint

Kevin, Nice job on the paint.  Hard to see the faded effect in the pictures, I know.  I have the same problem with my photos.

My suggestion for a panel line wash is something on the tan/brown side.  Here is what I did for the bottom of my 109 on pre-shading, and I like the effect for the Sandbox build.  I have not done the topside yet, but will mirror the color - which actually is RAF Dark Earth MRP-108:

PXL_20240908_193928378.thumb.jpg.99da0525cec671261f9f67fffc0ce9da.jpg

PXL_20240908_195330726.thumb.jpg.37bafd16503060b53b71fbd58fbaa1e8.jpg

I may do a panel line wash of darker brown to highlight the individual panels.  Hope this helps.

• Like 5

• KevinM changed the title to Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109 F-4-Decaled