“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

SMW 2014 new 1/24 Airfix announced?

Wingco57

From the latest IPMS UK Scale Model World 2014 News update;

http://smwshow.com/news.php

"Whilst we are on the subject of traders, Airfix will be announcing a large new model at 11:00 on Saturday at the SMW 2914, I am lead to believe that it will be in 1/24 scale."

Hopefully it is a completely new tool kit and not a re-issue "New for 2015", given how misleading and vague the Airfix marketing has been recently describing re-issues as "brand new" etc.

Another couple of possibilities are a re-issue of the 1/24 Mosquito as a bomber, and possibly the 1/24 Typhoon with a car door.

Unquote

Exciting news.

Cheers

Cees

• Like 1

Or hopefully the Whirlybird...?

NOT THE CAR DOOR...... !!!! Grrrrr....  :angry:

At least not yet....

But, it says : Airfix will be announcing a large new model at 11:00 on Saturday at the SMW 2914, I am lead to believe that it will be in 1/24 scale.

A lot can happen in 900 years, so I think I'll have time to finish my own car door, before Airfix does......

I hope it was just a slip of the pen with the release year,

I  don't believe it will be the car door Tiffie, not just after launching the  Bubble top version, but a re release of the mosquito would be a possibility. I have done the mosquito, and i must say also a great kit, so a bomber version would be a nice  addition, and feasible with little modifications to the production. Will be watching this with interest,

:)

Oh, come on!!! ... I can't believe no-one has said Tempest yet ... a ready made mould for that big a** Napier Sabre ... aircraft quite similar, yet not the same?

Well ... that's what I'd like anyway!! ...

The Whirlwind would be welcome too ...

But ... I suspect it's going to be a Mossie with a clear nose P/R or Bomber.

Rog :)