The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

How I airbrush

pfuf

Hi I promised some years ago that I post a little video on how I airbrush my models.

That little took a bit of time and I will make it a bit bigger.

There the Link took me a day to get better with the Video Editor but I hope to get better with that.

I don't talk that easy to a Glass Eye that steals your Soul.

so maybe later I come more a custom to that I am used to educate people how to use cnc Lathes/milling.

Johan Bos

change the video to my other youtube account

• Like 2

Hi Johan,

Thank you for taking the time to make this tutual- It' s very interesting to see how you work!

Did you design and build that jigg?

What pressure setting do you use when working that close?

Cheers

Ted

Hi Johan,

Thank you for taking the time to make this tutual- It' s very interesting to see how you work!

Did you design and build that jigg?

What pressure setting do you use when working that close?

Cheers

Ted

I use 1.1 bar pressure and just distilled water 3 drops to dilution the paint a bit more and the smallest needle.

Oh and I tape the trigger no constant open close this way I keep a motion and yes I do miss some times just the spot I wanted to hit but the more you do it the easyer it gets.

No big paint build up and running paint so it takes a bit more time but more relax and detail as a bonus.

The model base I try to sell hehe I hope this way people going to see the benefits very bussy getting it of the ground.

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3003-my-project/

johan bos

• Like 1

Hi Johan,

A feast for the eye! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Great technique... and i can see the Model Claw coming to it's right here..

Cheers,

Jeroen

Thx Jeroen

Yes finally some time to show how I use it in my model building.

Thank you great to see people liked it.
It is a bit of a struggle to get the camera close and airbrushing at the same time.
Now this update I am going to the top side and forgot to write the paint code the RLM 74 is Vallejo model air 71055 and RLM 83 is Vallejo model air 71011.

Have Fun

johan bos

• Like 1

Johan,

Great videos.  I find these videos to be very helpful and they do a good job illustrating how the paint should be laid down.  I like how you lay up the paint in thin layers.  I have a tendency to put the paint on too heavy; I must learn to slow down and be more patient.

Also, your videos are very relaxing to watch and the music almost puts me in a trance.

Regards,

Wayne

Thx Wayne

I made a mistake because Revell mix up the colors on the instructions I think so that needed to be fixed haha and spending hours looking for photo's on the internet.

I going to video the mottling and the touch up.

johan bos 

• 9 years later...
On 1/10/2015 at 3:57 AM, pfuf said:

hi done

Have fun

johan bos

how to airbrush models

Hello. I have a question for you. I am using a Badger Patriot 105 airbrush and thinking I would like to upgrade. I still would like to keep with Badger but I am looking for a model that I can change needles. I am looking for fine, medium and a wide spray. The ones I am seeing show that they only come with one needle which is usually a Fine spray. Not going to retire my 105 since I do like it.. any Suggestions would be appreciated..

Hi , and welcome to the forum. ,,, not sure about Badger, bur I just picked up the Paasche TG-3AS airbrush set that comes with .25mm, .38mm & .66mm heads and appropriate needles. So far so good , in matter of fact I don't miss my Iwatas at all.

Cheers

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 10:14 PM, prestonedward said:

Hello. I have a question for you. I am using a Badger Patriot 105 airbrush and thinking I would like to upgrade. I still would like to keep with Badger but I am looking for a model that I can change needles. I am looking for fine, medium and a wide spray. The ones I am seeing show that they only come with one needle which is usually a Fine spray. Not going to retire my 105 since I do like it.. any Suggestions would be appreciated..

Welcome aboard. Harder & Steinbeck do a great range of brushes. Their entry level dual action comes with 0.2 and 0.4 with the option of adding other needles and nozzles. I started with the H&S Ultra and have recently bought their Infinity CR Plus……hope it helps…..