The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell 1:32 Fw 190F-8

James H

• Administrators

Hi folk,

I'm not going to do this as a review, as it would be unfair to Revell. That's the reason I'm posting this in Modelling Discussion. When the actual production kit lands here, we'll do a proper review.

Remember, this is a test shot. It is moulded in darker plastic, and those clunky sprues. The exterior parts have a slight patina to them which is similar to the finish you see on the Ju 88 kit. As all these sprues were in the same bag when delivered from my publisher, there is a little scuffing on some parts. I will need to buff that out.

Observations: The kit has 4 canopy options, and two load-out options. It also has three upper trough/cowl options. 

There is no riveting, but some fasteners. Surface detail is nice, and the cooling louvres are neatly moulded. 

I don't like the tail wheel strut and integral wheel. I also don't like the main undercarriage legs. They are devoid of detail! (NOTE: Another set is supplied. The bare ones are for the wheels-up option) This might be because it's a test shot, but I'm thinking not as detail is generally very good. The cockpit is passable, but maybe a little basic. Certainly room for the AM guys. Shape-wise, things generally look very good, but I haven't overlaid this to drawings. No moulded seatbelts are included, and instead there are decals <yuck!!!!>

A stand is included, which is a little gimmicky, but will be a nice option if you want to display this on your office desk when complete.

I've not done whole sprue images, mostly, and may have missed the odd sprue from my photos.

This model is being built for Tamiya Model Magazine International.

My sincere thanks to Marcus Nicholls and ADH Publishing for shipping to me.

Here you are:

DSC04286.jpg

DSC04289.jpg

DSC04287.jpg

DSC04290.jpg

DSC04291.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

DSC04293.jpg

DSC04292.jpg

DSC04294.jpg

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04295.jpg

DSC04296.jpg

DSC04302.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

DSC04299.jpg

DSC04300.jpg

DSC04305.jpg

DSC04304.jpg

DSC04306.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04308.jpg

DSC04307.jpg

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04311.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

DSC04314.jpg

DSC04315.jpg

DSC04313.jpg

• Like 4

No molded on seat belts....woohooo!

Seat belt decals instead...can't imagine that will look ok, but at least no annoying cutting and sanding needed.

About the tail wheel...I think the one with the integral wheel is only used when retracted.
There more options...with seperate tires and wheel hubs for the tail wheel.

Edit: James noticed this also now :lol:

I see myself building a couple of those when they become available.
Won't take long before Eduard and Barracuda will pamper us with nice AM goodies.

I predict a lot of fun for a decent price...even with some am stuff.

seal-of-approval-meme.jpg

Rob