The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Edgar Brooks has passed away

Wingco57

Chaps,

As the title says unfortunately Edgar has passed away. He had been diagnosed with Cancer. Edgar was a well known participator on the major fora regarding all things Spitfire. He was always quick to answer a question backed up with drawings or other proof. He went to great lenghts to search for information. The modelling community has lost an invaluable member.

Rest in peace Edgar.

Cees

• Like 2

Chaps,

As the title says unfortunately Edgar has passed away. He had been diagnosed with Cancer. Edgar was a well known participator on the major fora regarding all things Spitfire. He was always quick to answer a question backed up with drawings or other proof. He went to great lenghts to search for information. The modelling community has lost an invaluable member.

Rest in peace Edgar.

Cees

Yes, very sad...

Edgar you will be missed!

il_214x170.864769486_1beq.jpg

I was lucky enough to not only count Edgar as a friend but to have helped him when we was both researching K5054. We swapped notes (his was far more extensive than mine).

Edgar was a gentleman of the old school and a man of a generous nature both with his knowledge and friendship.

RIP Edgar

RIP Edgar, he was a mine of information on a wide variety of subjects but particularly on the Spitfire and he shared his knowledge with anyone who asked, I did not know him personally I only knew him through various websites and his advice certainly helped me with my builds and my further education on the Spitfire.

Dennis