The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw 190A-4, Stab I./JG 1, "Black <l" (1/32 Hasegawa + Montex)

Mikester

• Members

The 110 is on hold pending some parts so going through the stash I came across this little nugget that I'd completely forgot about (we won't go into stashes so big you have no idea what you have though).  The Montex 190A-4 conversion set which is a fair amount of resin.

montex-mxk32115-focke-wulf-fw-190a-4-2-c

Of course the donor kit will be the Hasegawa 190A-5 and I'll also throw the following at it:

• Quickboost Exhausts
  • Quickboost MG set
  • Eduard Steel Seatbelts
  • CMK Cockpit Seat

Markings will be Eberhard's Burath's machine, wanted to do a JG 1 Wurger with a striped cowl for a long time.

fw190a4profilesd_1_zpsgkgdp2qf.jpg

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190A4-Stab-I.JG1-IEberhard

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikester said:

...the fuselage even has alignment molded in.

That's what I might have expected...

Fuselage seems to be a re-cast of the Hasegawa original, with the cut-outs up front for the exhaust louvers and the different hatches re-scribed. Also makes sense if it needs to mate with the Hasegawa wings and canopy (I'm tipping that the Revell canopy won't fit). Keeping the alignment pins from the original fuselage parts makes complete sense. A bit of clean-up here and there, and you're good to go.

S

• Members
On 3/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, Wumm said:

That's what I might have expected...

Fuselage seems to be a re-cast of the Hasegawa original, with the cut-outs up front for the exhaust louvers and the different hatches re-scribed. Also makes sense if it needs to mate with the Hasegawa wings and canopy (I'm tipping that the Revell canopy won't fit). Keeping the alignment pins from the original fuselage parts makes complete sense. A bit of clean-up here and there, and you're good to go.

S

From your lips to the modeling Gods ears!  Yeah pretty sure they used the Hasegawa as a base as well which should simply things.  Looking forward to starting this one but my G-6 took a bit of a U-turn.  A winter white is the cure all for paint issues and I'm somewhat back on track.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Cockpit is done, IP is from the kit reworked with Mike Grant and Airscale decals and some PE bezels. I embellished a bit on the placards to add a little visual interest. The seat belts are the new Eduard Steel and work pretty well, definitely more flexible than the regular PE. The seat is an AML resin replacement.

DSC01965_zpsalagq6ei.jpg

DSC01964_zpsd5fruqmf.jpg

DSC01963_zps9ikb922z.jpg

DSC01962_zpslrxwo3bt.jpg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Well this wound up as "Yellow 8" which I recently posted in the finished section.  The Montex fuselage and the fit of the upper cowl were just more than I wanted to deal with so the kit was finished as an A-5 using the standard kit parts.  I will rekindle this particular aircraft using the PCM Fw 190A1-3 kit at some point.

So I can either:

1.  Work on the aforementioned PCM kit using the leftover resin bits from the Montex set and the resin in the kit and convert it to an A-4.

2.  Begin work on the Revell Bf 110 I have listed as an entry.

3,  Do a Ju 88C-2 conversion using the Revell Ju 88A-1.

4.  Do a Revell Bf 109G-6 using resin bits to correct all the inaccuracies on the cowl.

I will be attending the IPMS NATS in August so whatever I do may wind up being an entry at the show there,