The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Mr Surfacer 1500

Dainis

Thanks. I test shot 50/50 and it did seem a bit thin. I'll give the 70/30 ratio a go. Tangentally, have you tried the black 1500? The only time i have used a black base is for the alclad metallics. How does cammo look over black? It sounds like one big preshade

Actually only used the black. It worked well under the ghost grey for my F-15 but less well under the camouflage colours for the Mig-23. Think the secret is that you really have to thin the paints to about 60:40 thinner to paint.

Sounds like the current wisdom for thinning paint over the black base. I've read as much as two to one or three to one. Although that on first look seems a bit much. Or have tremendous patience building up the paint layers. Thanks and cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I’m glad this came up, I just ordered a jar of 1500 black to use as primer. I always used Stynilrez Matte Black, but I am running low and my supplier was out, so I’ll give the 1500 a go. Although, I recently sprayed MRP paint, and where I used Stynilrez, it came out beautiful., however, where I sprayed MRP over bare plastic, I was able to see sanding scratches.