The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Meng AMX-30B2

Paulster

Been awhile. Except for the barrels it is oob. So…. I guess it's not oob. Used Vallejo Air colors and Silly Putty for mask. Behind the TC's search light lens is foil from a candy wrapper. Copula vision ports are a mix of Tamiya clear green and blue that I went to heavy on.

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

• Like 10

Nicely done. You did a great job on the camouflage and the not to worn appearance. For a modern tank the AMX looks not very streamlined like a Leopard or M1. It looks like a base construction with a lot of stuff bolted and welded on. To me that makes the AMX very interesting and it is not the first time i think about purchasing one.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

I'm really interested in the new Miniart interior kit's, maybe one day i will tackle one. Builds like these give me lot's of idea's about armor relating subjects.

Greetz

Danny

On 3/27/2017 at 2:34 AM, DocRob said:

Nicely done. You did a great job on the camouflage and the not to worn appearance. For a modern tank the AMX looks not very streamlined like a Leopard or M1. It looks like a base construction with a lot of stuff bolted and welded on. To me that makes the AMX very interesting and it is not the first time i think about purchasing one.

Cheers Rob

It was a 1950's design. It's a light tank. The French were poorly under armored until the Le Clerc arrived on the scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...