Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Can we lobby someone for a 1/32 Mc 202 "Folgore"?

Mikester

• Members

HKM?  Someone?  Anyone?

Just hard to believe this aircraft is so neglected.  Beautiful aircraft with loads of cool paint schemes and markings and none of the mainstream manufacturers will touch it.  This certainly isn't one of those esoteric aircraft that would never get purchased by most, I'd think it would have the potential to be a strong seller.  Sometimes it's hard to believe some of the gaping holes we still have in 1/32.

• Like 1

Indeed, PCM did one, as did 21st Century, in a plastic medium a little like resin. Both were basic kits and had their flaws, but easily could be turned out as nice examples with a little work. Special Hobby also announced an early Macchi C200 variant a few years back, but nothing has come of it to this point. 

My thoughts are that this airframe seems more to fit Hasegawa's M/O... same basic wings, tailplane, undercarriage and cockpit across the C200/C202/C205 range; with the various engine panel and armament changes it would allow at least half a dozen kits from a core of common sprues. 

S

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/28/2017 at 3:07 PM, Wingco57 said:

Didn't PCM do one, and there was one that was sold exclusively through the Wall Mart chain in the US.

PCM did do one, with them closing their doors the status of their kits is in limbo.  They were molded in the Czech Republic I believe, don't know of whoever did the molds (Sword?) has any intention of releasing them under their own label.  I have three 21st CT 202s in the stash fortunately, but they're gone for good too.