Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocRob

T-90A Meng

Hello Friends of delicate plastic (and metal),

I started a new summer (easy going) project with the thought in mind "and now to something completely different". After browsing my stash I decieded to give Mengs T-90A a try, using some aftermarket stuff to enhance detail. I will go into detail about that later, now the kit is halfway finished.

Today was one of those more painful days being a modeller. Having bought a Voyager barrel, I was skipping through the manual and got a little afraid. Lots of stuff to bend, some brass parts I couldn't even see with my bare eye and turned barrel parts made from brass and aluminum. This is defenetly not made for the beginner and for the owners of carpets under their workbenches. As you have to bend a lot and due to the volume of the barrel I decieded against soldering, which I normally prefer to CA-glue.

So this is the result of one full day with magnifying glasses and the use of many unprintable swearwords and an aching back. On some of these warm summer days you should go surfing instead of sitting at the bench, but that's for tomorrow. :) All looks to be a little twisted and bended, but that's not really visible with the bare eye. More than once I thought about using the supplied plastic barrel, but did not even try to, to not get tempted.

P1130430.thumb.JPG.3cf70ddc71b0b2c3f5363cec52c8652c.JPGP1130431.thumb.JPG.37ac4edaa6663a2efaea6c064b0643f9.JPGP1130436.thumb.JPG.763541f316e58fcc022b86aa1ff64db7.JPG

More on the kit and further used AM-stuff later, when I hopefully receive my photo tent for better quality pictures.

Cheers Rob

Dennis.E, GusMac and JeroenPeters like this

Thanks guys,

more or less 50 parts for one barrel is no fun ride, next time I will choose some WW2 stuff like a Sherman :D. Thank god the tracks are finished, that was simila painful to do, but that I will show later, so now it's time to cash in the fun parts of the build.

@Jeroen: I hope it will turn out cool, because this will end up as a snow and ice covered caucasian beast.