The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Back and getting ready to hit the bench

Peterpools

Back and ready for bench time...

My wife Diane and I are back from our yearly, much looked forwarded to vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine (each year it gets a bit longer and no argument from me). Photography is another passion and taking in the last few weeks before Bar Harbor virtually shuts down for the winter has become a tradition for us. Bar Harbor is one of the more famous quaint Maine coastal seaport/villages on Mt Desert Island and of course, the island is the home of Acadia National Park; simply Mother Nature at her best. As I get older, the trips seem to take their tolls: the day before leaving I banged up my left knee, which made both the 8 hour drive (I stick to the speed limits) and hiking no the park trails and rocky landscape a tough act, especially much done in the dark; being there for the 'shot'. Returning, the drive again didn't go well and my second day back at the office, going down a flight of stairs, my left knee popped and gave out - feeling much better now and hobbling a lot less. Then to add insult to injuring, while eating dinning last night, I managed to crack and completely break a post and crown. Dentist tomorrow - just not a good week back home. Oh what fun:raincloud:

Peter

• Like 7

Peter !!!!!  Holy........they say things go in threes, is that three.....??...... geez, I hope so......driving with a sore knee is really no fun, my knee gives me grief sometimes when driving as well, so uncomfortable and no where or way TO get comfy..... I'm glad you are home and safe, and maybe that's where you should stay for a while... sounds like work is dangerous as well..... do you feel a couple weeks off at the model bench may be in order for a full recovery??:stirthepot:  I think it does, perfect prescription for a well healed knee........ just sayin......:rofl:

• Like 3

Glad to see you're back Peter. 

Not so glad to hear about the injuries but at least you're getting them looked after and be on the mend. I saw some of the pics you took in Maine on the other thread and they make it easy to understand why you go. 

Carl

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 2:35 AM, Peterpools said:

Back and ready for bench time...

My wife Diane and I are back from our yearly, much looked forwarded to vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine (each year it gets a bit longer and no argument from me). Photography is another passion and taking in the last few weeks before Bar Harbor virtually shuts down for the winter has become a tradition for us. Bar Harbor is one of the more famous quaint Maine coastal seaport/villages on Mt Desert Island and of course, the island is the home of Acadia National Park; simply Mother Nature at her best. As I get older, the trips seem to take their tolls: the day before leaving I banged up my left knee, which made both the 8 hour drive (I stick to the speed limits) and hiking no the park trails and rocky landscape a tough act, especially much done in the dark; being there for the 'shot'. Returning, the drive again didn't go well and my second day back at the office, going down a flight of stairs, my left knee popped and gave out - feeling much better now and hobbling a lot less. Then to add insult to injuring, while eating dinning last night, I managed to crack and completely break a post and crown. Dentist tomorrow - just not a good week back home. Oh what fun:raincloud:

Peter

You have had a bad run, Sir. I hope all comes good soon.

• Like 2