The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Silliness from Modelsvit.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Apparently they’ve been sipping the Stolichnaya again, because it seems that they're bringing us a 1/72 scale An-225 Mirya sometime in 2019.

This thing is gonna be huuuuuuuuge!

Of course, many here know of my love affair with large Russian airlifters, so this will definitely join the collection.

• Like 4

So, if the AN 124's are flying in and out of DFW................... what are they hauling.................. besides vodka??  Surely we don't drink THAT much vodka do we??  Oh, geez, maybe we have a drinking issue?  Seriously, what's coming and going??  Just curious.... as I'm sure I will NEVER see one of these for real.................

• Like 3

Keep an eye out for it Monday...

There's a whole bunch of Formula 1 cars and equipment at the Circuit of the Americas right about now, that will need to be in Mexico City the following weekend.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I asked at one time, and as far as I know it’s some aircraft stuff and rocket parts.

I see them over my shop, but have yet to catch one on the ground yet. Hopefully soon.  :)

An-124 is easily the most common Russian/Ukrainian type I’ve seen in this Country.

I’ve personally seen them in Rockford, Il, Winston-Salem, NC, Atlanta, Ga, Tampa, Fl, Houston, Tx, DFW, plus the one military base I saw them at was CFB Trenton. That was in the early mid 2000s and I assumed they were moving the Army over to the sandbox to play.

• Like 3

• Administrators

While driving on the401 in 03-04, I saw the coming and going out of Trenton very regularly. 

Think about it. There’s no other civilian aircraft anywhere in the world that can do what the 124 and 225 can do. 

But if they don’t find a solution quickly, they might end up being all grounded.    They actually need to start building more. There’s a huge worldwide market for them

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...